One take Basket Case

Perhaps an age/exposure thing.

Green Day formed in 1987 and Sex Pistols in 1975, Ramones 1974. That said, I recall @CT playing I Fought The Law (though I guess not really in the punk idiom).

Perhaps shows the taste and preference of the older generation he may have been into that back in the day?

1 Like

Hmm… according to the ‘old dog’ thread, there should be hoards of old-skool punks cruising around in our mobility scooters.
This might be something i have to address :rofl:

2 Likes

Wait for a moment of weakness and sneak it into the house somewhere she won’t notice it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I reckon it’s an age thing, and also the fact they’re pop-punk. Easy to get into and broadly popular.

Stuff like the ramones just doesn’t have as wide an appeal.

Didn’t Green Day pioneer pop punk? After them came Blink 182, Sum 41, Jimmy Eat World, etc. The Offspring were around the same time as Green Day I think, but had a rockier (less pop) edge.

1 Like

This song is excellent practice and you worked yourself through it with persistence and stamina; good job. Near the end the rhythm was a bit dodgy but no showstoppers :wink:

1 Like

Brian I keep meaning to cover Anarchy. Will that keep you happy

2 Likes

Hahahaha!!! That trick is a bit old :rofl: i have done that far too many times :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Heading into the Pistols catalog, could make a Mod (the Community type rather than mods ‘n’ rockers type) begin to sweat. I think we should be fine as long as we steer clear of Friggin’ in the Riggin’ … just mentioning the title may already be crossing the line :rofl:

@jkahn apologies JK, every now and then we go off on a tangent by association

Suggest we get Justin to drop the lesson from his catalogue.

1 Like

Thanks Lieven! Yes, definitely a few rough parts :wink: One part I almost played the wrong chord as well.

1 Like

No need David, tangents are great, one of the awesome things about this forum is the discussions and recognising a lot of the names!

1 Like

Now where is the smile, Toby … I certainly was not being serious. Well OK, I’d prefer not be be hearing about the good ship venus here.

My bad Mr P, have my serious head on today but after 2 hours on the mower its Grimbergen time. So this aging punk will loosen up a bit :thinking:

1 Like

No worries, Toby. Look forward to some Pistols from you! I’ve often contemplated My Way done the Pistols way. My Dad was big on Sinatra so liked to wind him up and play that for him at parties :rofl:

1 Like

Sounded good sir. I think you have it down well enough to sing the song.

When there’s no melody line, lead jam or vocals it’s hard for me to hang in there for very long. No fault of your’s, the song becomes indiscernable after a while – As progressions go it’s a good one, and you did well to cut your teeth on it. Play on playa!

Awesome work mate. Hadn’t seen this one in the song tutorials yet. I’ll be putting it in the list.
If you like Blink182 all the small things was a 1 week job to get in the bag so get on that one.