Open Mic 006 - Call for interest

Could I please be added to the audience list if there is still room? UTC -6 Thanks

@TheMadman_tobyjenner very nice work indeed lah :bat:

1 Like

Thank you Sarah, you have been added to the list. :sunglasses:

1 Like

HI, I would like to join in audience. Iā€™m UTC -5. Perhaps next time Iā€™ll try a song, but if kind of like to know how this works first.

Very excited!

1 Like

You have a seat Scott ! Welcome on board :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey there! Iā€™d also like to be in the audience for this! Iā€™m UTC+1 (Spain)

Cheers!

1 Like

No problem Keven. Iā€™m just retiring for the night, so will add you to the audience in the morning. :sunglasses:

Sorted ! List updated :sunglasses:

1 Like

I too would like to join the audience for this to understand how it works please!

(I just hope I can make it as thereā€™s a chance it may clash with something I cannot avoid)

Iain no problem. I can add you to the audience list and if you canā€™t make it, no great shakes, Can you confirm your timezone in UTC, I canā€™t see where you are located. Thx :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry, UTC/GMT (in the UK)

No worried Iain consider yourself added :sunglasses:

I absolutely LOVE THIS!! This so flipping cool! Iā€™m learning how these work, since Iā€™m so new and just learned about this today. Do we pick our times or does an admin put us down for a time? Also, @Richard_close2u thank you so much for the rad diagram. Iā€™ve never been good with UTC+ x time zone conversions, Iā€™m in CST in the middle of the United States. Iā€™m not sure what time that exactly means though for me. Iā€™d love anytime after 12pm CST if thatā€™s possible. And if anyone can help me how to understand this more Iā€™d surely appreciate it!
Iā€™m so excited! When I understand the time zone thingy Iā€™ll be sure to sign up!

Hi Jak, the OM happens at the announced time - Feb 19, 19:00 UTC time. The running order is assigned by the organizers, this time around its @TheMadman_tobyjenner and @Rossco01 with @adi_mrok setting up the Zoom meeting as usual. If the time works for you and youā€™d like to perform just say so here and youā€™ll be added to the list of performers. Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: you can google ā€˜1900 UTCā€™ and Google will tell you what time that is for you locally.

1 Like

That helps SO much. 1900 UTC is 1pm my time . So any time at that time or after is good for me! Iā€™d love to sign up

1 Like

@JakAngelescu

Jak

Just seen this and happy to include you :smiley: I assume you want to play :wink: ?

As @SS7 Ivan pointed out, Iā€™ll be sorting out the running order nearer the date, especially as we are getting additional folk joining the roster at the moment. If you are US Central Standard Time that should make you UTC -6, so the start time will be early afternoon (1300) for folks in the States and most likely mid afternoon when you hit ā€œthe stageā€. If you let me know your nearest metropolis I can confirm timezone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@adi_mrok will send out a link to everyone, again nearer the date, for the Zoom ā€œmeetingā€ so folks can check access and make sure they can hook up their audio etc.

There is more information here regarding set up but feel free to ask and we will make sure you are good to go on the day !!

And if you want to see what you are letting yourself in for, last years shows are here.

Glad to have you on board.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

ā€œWeā€™re going to need a bigger boatā€ ā€¦ itā€™s going to be a big OM!

2 Likes

Forgot to add, we work on around 10 minutes for each performer, if you factor that into how many songs you may want to do. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ace init ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

Heck yes I want to play! This is so fun and Iā€™m so excited! Iā€™ll be playing two songs and my nearest metropolis for same time zone is Chicago, IL. Iā€™m technically in Missouri but no place brings up my city haha.

1 Like