Open Mic 008 - Call for interest

25 hours to go !!

How you all doing ??

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am not close to memorize the lyrics. So im a bit stressed out at the moment. Playing wrong in the last part as well.
So this is just great :rofl:

4 Likes

Good luck everyone, I will be thinking of you all.
:sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

It’s going good, - 1 more hour of work and then it’s a long weekend and I am looking forward to a Saturday afternoon Open Mic with some guitar buddies :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in the exact same situation Trond, and I’m not going to be able to pick up the guitar today. I’ll be crunching tomorrow trying to not have a breakdown :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You beat me to it Toby, I had all cooked up for 24hrs to go! :rofl:

24 hours (and 8 mins) until Showtime! Hope you guys are ready, your songs are running through last few dry runs, all setup has been tested etc etc, exciting stuff!

For newbies which are @Mann_und_Mouse @eric.lennon @philsmith @TheCluelessLuthier @Chench @jkahn and @sclay please make sure to tweak all Zoom settings before tomorrow that reduce noise surpression and to hit original sound button on before your first notes :wink: details in the link below. :grinning:

Open Mic Tech Talk - How to Setup Zoom

4 Likes

Setup wise - one song I am prepared for, the other will be a quick change over between both slots so whatever comes out to Zoom will be a mystery :grinning:

Song wise - well I don’t think I will ever be 100% ready so let’s say it’s good to go, crash and burn all the way! :sweat_smile:

Just about to do my Friday night Dry Run recordings, for contingency, as usual. Zoom crashed twice, video froze 3 times and I suddenly got a huge echo that’s not been there all week. The last one was me leaving an Audio channel open in OBS (recording this afternoon). Had to reboot the PC and it took an nervous 15 minutes to recover. :scream: So all events to get the old sphincter twitching and praying this time tomorrow all will be well.

See you in the Green Room peeps.

1 Like

Just look at the list of performers.

WOW WOW WOW

I have lost track somewhat. I reckon at least a good handful are going to be first time performers.
Is that correct?

I hope you all have a fantastic and enjoyable debut in the OM slot.

1 Like

So you are saying it’s just a usual Friday night before any OM? :grinning:

Yes Richard we have 7 (!!) debutants so this is going to be very interesting to see what they have cooked up! I am sure it will be great :grinning:

3 Likes

Amazing. I love it.

3 Likes

Hi Richard, I am a newbie although I have been to 2 of Justins Electric Jam Band workshops and hoping to go again in October this year. This is quite different for me, it is much different performing a full song on your own and also I am going acoustic

3 Likes

You guys rock! :sunglasses:
Forget about whether you play well or not. (It’s a given you will not perform as well as you can).
You’re sharing where you’re at with a bunch of people who are interested in hanging out with you.
Remember to breath, smile and enjoy yourselves.
As for all the others… well, you’ve been there before and know all about it, so no sympathy comments from me :rofl:
@TheMadman_tobyjenner, you had me worried for a moment the other day when you had everything sorted. Wouldn’t be right without a meltdown from across la Manche :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes looking really good with the number of Newbies, should be a great show. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No its what normally happens in the last hour before the kick off. :rofl: Anyway, dry run recorded and forecast says nothing about storms, so should be good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eric

I am sure you’ll be fine. Just remember, at the end of the day its about having some fun with like minded friends.

Cheers

Toby

2 Likes

Yeah its the usual Swan syndrome kicking in !! It was just a matter of time, as it all seemed to be going so well. But better with 24 hours to go and not the usual 24 minutes. Gonna miss you not playing big man !! Make sure you are squared for OM 9 please.

2 Likes

I just sat down for a run through, and my obs has all changed, It was all docked in small windows and has now gone horizontal. Figured that out and had to recreate my scene, no sound on zoom, as I had forgotten the monitor and output. It is all fixed now and managed a successful zoom recording.

Tomorrow is going to be really hot here 95F (35C) and my room is always pretty hot, so that will be the reason for my sweaty palms :wink:

Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Phil all will be well I am sure, there is no dress code so you know swimming speedos are acceptable as far as I am concerned. After all we had a chap with blue wig once so nothing will surprise me! :rofl:

1 Like