Open Mic 10: Recording + After-Show Chat

Sounded good Toby :metal: keep exploring

1 Like

Not sure if I didn’t get on to this quickly enough. Childcare duties for the last 2 days! Although they’re shown on clearance at Argos the nearest of their stores where I can collect or order from is so far from me that by the time I factor in petrol it becomes more expensive then Amazon :face_holding_back_tears:

@Willsie01 @Richard_close2u

Not to add salt to the wound John, but got one for £12 (Argos)

Cheers Richard

3 Likes

“Not to add salt…” but you just did, Dave! :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks Dave very kind of you to take the time to give the feedback, helps with motivation. Cheers Eric

1 Like

Double checked and found one available close by.

2 Likes

Finally managed to listen to the whole thing again. What a wonderful gig, thanks again to everyone involved in organising, performing or being in the audience - it’s everyone that makes an event like this (or an in-person open mic as well) such a warm and enjoyable event.

I had a bit of a messy cable management setup, so I didn’t have a keyboard near me during the actual show so could not provide any real time appreciation and feedback but I really loved the order of performers and their song choices. Felt bad for Mark & Jen having technical difficulties but I guess we will have to wait until the next open mic to see what they have in store for us!

It was nice to see that David could join us and hopefully we provided him a bit of entertainment while recovering.

Lastly, reading through the chat file and in this thread. Thank you everyone for all your kind comments and feedback! It was very heartwarming to see all the support in my (potentially) obscure experiments in trying to figure out what my “true musical voice” is.

See you at the next open mic and around the forum!

6 Likes

Get yourself signed up for OM XI Luka. The CFI is out there waiting for you.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Finally caught up with the show, great performances with everyone looking very polished.

3 Likes

Thanks for listening Trevor ! Most appreciated.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Just watching now. Great job Toby! :metal:

Just now watching. Great solo Kevin. Thanks for performing. You give me hope to one day doing this myself.

1 Like

Beautiful job, love the new guitar! :metal:

1 Like

So impressed with everyone! Great percussive strumming JK! You guys and gals nailed it!

1 Like

Thanks Crystal, glad you enjoyed it! Always great to get feedback from people that watch the OM recording :smiley:.

Thanks Crystal, it’s great to see people watching through the Open Mic’s!

I’m miles behind on this lol! but a belated congrats to everyone involved! Really enjoyed watching the recording. Great performances and super cool seeing all the brilliant setups as well! Very inspiring! :clap: :clap: :clap: :star_struck:

Hi People,
Sorry for bumping this thread while the next open mix has already been posted,…
So I hope this doesn’t confuse you,
But I hadn’t listened yet and only did so this morning, mainly because yesterday I heard Mark @Notter and saw him laugh, and I remember you saying you were doing it horribly wrong with switching your pedals,…and Brian (correctly) says that the beauty is also in the mistakes for the viewer, :speak_no_evil: … Well Mark, that was quite disappointing,because I look super critical, and it was good… could it be better? Yes,…was it really a major disruption? absolutely not, …and you also laughed at the end :smile: :sunglasses:… beautiful,…and I also want to say to the rest that I enjoyed it,…/unbelievable what has changed with open mic 1 until now…i am looking forward to open mic 11…Thanks everybody… :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouquet: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :star_struck:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes