Open Mic 10: Recording + After-Show Chat

Open Mic 10 - August 20 2022.

Recording.

Zoom chat link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1acBfNGu56Jt-4NuQsgz1iJX3DgiAHW2S/view

:point_right: Performers
00:00:00 Introduction by MC Jason - Rossco01
00:02:13 Toby – TheMadman_tobyjenner [Should’ve Listened & Turn The Page]
00:14:40 Kevin – KevinKevan [I Wanna Be Yours & Something]
00:21:12 Mal (& Lara) – malz [Peaceful Easy Feeling & The Letter]
00:28:37 Mark – Notter [Island Of Broken Dreams]
00:33:26 Eric – eric.lennon [Won’t Back Down & Nothing Ever Happens]
00:42:08 Dave – liaty [Smoke On The Water]
00:47:38 John – Willsie01 [Harvest Moon]
00:53:53 Rod – Rod58 [You Got Lucky]
00:59:32 Mari – mari63 [59th Street Bridge Song & What A Wonderful World]
01:05:57 JK – jkhan [Ho Hey & Sunny Afternoon]

6 Likes

Ok seems like we lost the Zoom link, so the after show discussion can continue here.

Thank you all, performers and audience for your support for another great show.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

8 Likes

That was a great show, really nice to see everybody. I was just settling in for a chat and Zoom disappeared!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, such a pleasure to perform alongside everyone who did tonight, it was a blast!

2 Likes

Excellent show, definitely took it to the next level

3 Likes

Yeah, I think Jason must have ended for all instead of just leaving :rofl:

Great show, thanks again Jason, Toby & Adi.

Big shout out to David P, totally forgot in my set :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Great show, I caught the performance from partway through Eric’s Del Amitri song. Cracking night. Thanks all.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed that tonight, just like them all. I have to say the sound quality has vastly improved since the first one. Well done to all the performers the night flew by.

3 Likes

Ahhh no that’s a shame I wonder if it’s because Adi and I left as hosts.

Anyway another sterling open mic! Congrats all.

5 Likes

Definitely helps doing the sound checks before… out we couldn’t sort Mark and Jen out.

2 Likes

That was a bit abrupt!! Amazing performances again everyone, well done. Thanks @TheMadman_tobyjenner for your admin work again.
As above, shout out to David, hope to see you soon.

4 Likes

Hey but we get to chat here anyway. Yet another great show and some superb performances all round. Well done everyone.

2 Likes

Well done and congrats all the performers. That really was great.

Zoom is a most peculiar thing. I had to listen on my phone speaker tonight as my headphones wouldn’t work with Zoom. I switched over to YouTube and they worked. Put on Spotify and they worked and then back to Zoom and nada!

Anyway it was still terrific and I’ll listen to the recording when it goes online.

2 Likes

Thank you Gordon. :sunglasses:

Cheers Jason, great job as usual.

Maybe could do with some guidelines and testing. I think Youtube has a target dB level of -14? maybe @adi_mrok could shed some light. Apologies if it was a bit loud, I’ve been practising and set those levels all week, just didn’t sound right low :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

great

Dave

I have found a useful sound level monitor recently thank works really well for getting the levels right. And a web site you can upload an audio file and it will show the Loudness Penalty. I’ll try and do a right up, as it helped me dial in my levels fairly quickly this time and I just need some 3rd party input on the night (Jason) to get it spot on. Watch this space.

Cheers

Toby

1 Like

Possibly as I think Adi promoted me last time. All a mystery to me. :confused:

What a great OM. Such good performances. Really hope that it doesn’t put off newbies and beginners from playing as I think that is one of the great things about our OMs, that people from all levels can perform.

I was just reading through the chat thread in Zoom when we all got cut off. Bummer.

@Notter It shall forever be a walmart guitar :rofl:

3 Likes

Funny, I had no audio issues at all other than Mark and Jen which was definitely something funky with zoom.

1 Like