Open Mic Livestream 02 - Xmas Bash - After-Show Party & Chat

No worries David. It was the usual broad cast (no pun) of the net, bound to catch at least one person who had the power or knew who did. I’ve have no idea of the mods scope beyond the forum but when I see Richard fixing web links etc it suggest you may go beyond these borders.

No harm no foul.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

4 Likes

T’is done.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you have

And I had the power to listen to but a few moments of that song :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Haha. I didn’t upload for that reason and chose a more modest graphic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all things conspired against me at the weekend so I couldn’t make the live stream. However I’ve been listening to it this morning and what a great show it was. I did miss the Whoops, hollers and claps at the end of each song but hey ho understand the logic for it. Great to have such an international collection of performers. Need to split this into two because of the name check limitation!

@JustinGuitar nicely intro’d and kicked off…love the wall of guitars and is that Kemper in the background? Song really suited your voice as well.
@brianlarsen Love the JG intro “sometimes likes to talk a lot” (ultimate understatement). Cool band! love the guitar Brian. Probably your most polished OM performance. Sounded really good Brian and a very apt song for the time of year!
@Malz Sound quality was spot on and nice to hear an original. Great topic for a blues song as well. Why aye man!
@adi_mrok feeling for you Adi on the sound problems…but look beyond that some great playing. Justin was brave trying to pronounce that…dont do that to us on the Zoom OM!
@jestersea Hey Jesse nice song and playing loved the intro and you got it spot on…really nice Christmas song with your own twist. Nice transition to full strumming and back to something lighter as well and lovely vocal
@John_in_Dot Jingle Bells Jingle bells…batman…ooops wrong version. That was great song John really nicely measured strumming and despite a little sound issue (seemed like some cancellation somewhere) it sounded really good. Definitely got the Christmas spirit going and made the song your own.
@DonnatheDead Nice original song and guitar sounded great. Good to see you in the OM.

5 Likes

@Traveler Travis nice version of Auld Lang Syne never heard of Silver Bells but you rocked it out!
@dobleA Andres and Laura lovely Christmas scene in your house and great to see you playing and singing together.
@Rod58 Ohhh the PRS sounded lovely! as did the rest of the song. Sound settings were spot on for this one Rod.
@TheCluelessLuthier Mark and Jen another original! and no sound issues for this one! nice picking and pinch harmonics. Lovely song and melody. Nice balance between your voices as well.
@Jenndye429 Jennifer and Dan! another lovely Christmassy setting. Poor Dan cut out of the picture. Rocking out on the guitar…love the Fratellis. Really made it with Dan coming in on the drums!
@Charlie_James Good to hear the intro and thats exactly why we have the community OM…an outlet for all that practice on great songs. Very nice playing and singing. You’d got the sound settings spot on nice reverb on your vocal.
@tsblack Go for it Trent! You’re going to be a star! Just give us all a name check when you get to the top.
@TheMadman_tobyjenner Oh the mad man plays the outro! no sound issues…all spot on. I vaguely remember this from OM4 but this was a much more polished performance overall. Guitar sound very nice and vocal was spot on.

Great efforts everyone and look forward to seeing everyone at the next OM in January.

7 Likes

Thank you Jason. Yes it had to be done again given the first outing. But I was very happy with the results on the night, especially as I did not choke at the end of it. Thanks for listening.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks for this feed, I would have missed it. Players from around the globe, amazing tech for purposes of good.

3 Likes

Unable to watch last night but did so this morning. Congratulations to everyone who all did well.
Question for Dale from BC: where did you get that wall rack for guitars. I’m looking for something like. Looks like the hangers may slide along the length and also rotate?

2 Likes

Hi Donna, good job doing the timestamps. It is always nice to have it for a long video. For sure you saved Richard a lot of time and effort.

3 Likes

Thank you sir! Merry Christmas!..Rod

1 Like

Many thanks Jason and kudos for watching the show after. I promise to one day pick a song even more difficult to pronounce than that :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey John,
The brand of guitar hanger is Diamond Life

They have a video on the site that should answer your question.
(Hope posting that link is ok)

4 Likes

Hi Dale,
Link works fine.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words sir.

1 Like

Thank you @Rossco01 !! That was a blast!!

1 Like

Great show, got to enjoy it today and I’m amazed once again! :smiley:

2 Likes