Open Mic Testimonial for Richard (Close2u)

The Simpsons do that kind of stuff all the time.
It can’t be a typo, as he’s in the right place, alphabetically :wink:

2 Likes

3rd to perform :cold_sweat:
Nah it’s alright, ready to rock!

3 Likes

The truly lazy have figured out that if you click on the post count, there is a jump to option…

…. Cheers Brian, looking forward to Saturday :flushed:

3 Likes

The OM is tomorrow right?

And I have just realised that the song I was hoping to perform is sounding awful - I really am struggling to sing it at all. And then my playing goes all off-kilter when I try to reach for notes that my mouth won’t make.

Oh-oh.

3 Likes

It is! I don’t know why, in my head I was sure it was next week until Brian sent the link.

And if it makes you feel better, I haven’t even decided what I’m playing and haven’t practiced playing or singing a lot this week, so I’ll surely set the low bar :joy:

2 Likes

Well on that note… I would like to wish all the performers “good luck” for tomorrow night. I hope all those attending have a blast. Especially you Richard. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to watch it through.

2 Likes

Just one thing to say to you Richard, Denis Norden

2 Likes

Ahhhh!
This just got real!! :grimacing::flushed::see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Much to be done in the next 33 hours people

2 Likes

@brianlarsen Could you stick me down for audience please. I just realised that, with the recent DST change, it’s at 2am for me, rather than 3am, which may be do-able.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m not nervous… Yes I am

3 Likes

@Majik

Will be great if you make it, Keith. But have to say 2am being more doable than 3am is a distinction way beyond me :astonished:

3 Likes

Haha, just in case the first-timers are genuinely a bit anxious-
This is really just a relaxed hang-out and have fun with mates thang.

Some of us ‘old-timers’ have a need to hype ourselves up and remember what ‘excitement’ felt like :rofl:

1 Like

32h to go blimey! Let’s boil some clems, test our audio setup, practice some more and have fun tomorrow! 2 songs tomorrow from me, one will be a nice reminder and we will see if my fingerpicking gets any less shakey during live performance! :scream: second is a simple song I learnt a while ago but never got to record it, overall two songs probably will take only around 5 minutes :rofl: all fun!

6 Likes

@adi_mrok

Hi Adrian. I only have a phone for this. Does that work through Zoom? I would guess it works just as good as when you record yourself? Soundwise i mean?

1 Like

Hi Trond yes it all works fine, couple things you need to do beforehand is of course downloading the Zoom app on your phone which is an easy one. Next you need to enable original sound in your setting BEFORE you join any meeting, see instructions I did in the past for Jak and Sandy, I will pm it over to you as don’t accidentally some names are included from my work on the clip and don’t want to show it to an open public :slight_smile: if anyone else would like it using just phone for tomorrow please PM me.

Enable Original Sound in main settings, then connect into the meeting you created, click more during the meeting bottom of your screen and Enable original sound should show up.

2 Likes

Thanks Adrian :+1:

1 Like

Is it HYPE time ?? I’ve been holding back ! :wink:

Well after a week of lips sync issues with OBS into Zoom, I decided yesterday to go Zoom only. Only discover I had not disabled the mic on a new webcam I got for my birthday and left the condenser mic open. :rage: But having settled on a working system, was please that firing up Zoom this morning it refused to see ANY of my webcams :rage: :rage: :rage: A reboot of Mr Gates “finest” has resolved the issue and rehearsal resume this evening.

Feel free to add suitable, its raining :poop: YT video.

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Btw probably you folks didn’t count BUT… we have 17(!!) Performers tomorrow, that is a new record as based on my counting skills which can sometimes fail me we had most 13 people playing so wow! Let’s keep it up guys!!

4 Likes