Orgy of the Damned

Because of all the blues stuff Justin is working on thought it’d be cool to point out a new album that just came out called “Orgy of the Damned” by Slash and a ton of guest artists. Modern take on old standards. I really dig it

10 Likes

I got a copy and I also enjoy it. I really like all the supporting artists he brought in for it.

I got to see Slash live in December at the Xmas Jam concert put on by Warren Haynes in Asheville, NC. That was a great show. He was there with Myles Kennedy, but the show was really just all the bands having fun, and I think some of what Slash did during that show offered a little bit of a bluesy taste of this album.

1 Like

It’s such a great album. One of the best ones I’ve listened to this year so far.

I love Iggy’s interpretation of Awful Dream!

Thread drift warning!

Sometimes people show up in the very last place you’d ever expect to see them. . .
I just found out that Les Stroud plays harmonica on track 3.

Who is Les Stroud? Think of Bear Grylls without all of the off-camera crew and support team in a real unstaged survival situation.

I’ve given it a few listens, its not bad in a tribute way, not sure I will be listening to it much long term tho

no kidding, you’re right. I just looked it up.

I’ll take you even further into thread drift. I just learned this week that Billy Gibbons (also track 3) ALSO plays uke, and Jake Shimabukuro shared a pic of the two of them with their ukes together.

1 Like

That is one fine-looking uke! I wonder if he has a fuzzy pink one too?

1 Like

Just read in one of the music magazines that all the songs were recorded live in the room together (minus vocals). And that it was 3 takes per song at max. Talking about not having a red light syndrome!

According to the interview, Stormy Monday is a one take and it’s a rehearsal take because Beth just came from Jeff Beck’s funeral and couldn’t do any more recording after that. Explains the emotional delivery of the song.