Original Song: Bogey's Store

16 Likes

Hey Jay it was about time you showed up at the new house good to see and what an absolutely corking original.

That was a fine introduction but how about heading over here and telling some of the new folks here all about yourself.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, Toby. Will do.

1 Like

Hey Jay, that was excellent really good to listen to and great lyrics - I got a bit of a hint of Dr Hook in it, perhaps inspired by them?
Very nicely done, keep them coming :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks, Darrell. Haven’t heard of Dr. Hook. I’m pretty old school. I hear some Bruce Springsteen in the song.

1 Like

Here you go, a classic!

Jay, you need to get your backside over to the old forum and copy/paste all your songs over here.
the quality of your songwriting, singing, playing and production is outstanding.
What makes it more special is the sense of genuine belief in the material you share.
Authenticity oozes outta my speakers.
Have some old fashioned vibes :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Brian, I couldn’t find the old forum.

Jay

Try this

https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?board=28.0

you should be able to get in via that link but it goes “read only” sometime tomorrow but I don’t what timezone that change will kick in

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Oh yes, I’ve heard this one, Darrell.

I thought you’d got lost on the way over Jay. So glad you made it. A great performance, well sung, well played with a flavour and character that’s authentic and all you. Nice work.

1 Like

Wow, that was excellent! I love songs that tell a story. I have been working on writing my first song and you have really raised the bar.

1 Like

Thanks Mark. I enjoy the process once I get an idea. Kind of disappear and do nothing else for about 3 days.

Oh, I loved it Jay! Beautiful song, wonderful recording! I truly loved it :heart:

Sad story there. I live in the country near some small towns in Michigan. The impact of the ‘big box stores’ can be seen everywhere we look driving through those towns. My heart aches for the loss. You captured it beautifully. :clap::clap:

Edit: I forgot to mention, as long as others were mentioning the feel of the piece…that I got a feeling from it of Frank Zappa meets James Taylor. Those are very different, and I zmean that in a very good way, as I love both! Frank Zappa’s intricate story telling and James Taylor’s beautiful smooth easy feeling combined :blush:

1 Like

Hi Jay, that was a great performance. I really liked the lyrics. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Delighted that you found your way over hear, Jay.

Another song that simply brings tears to my eyes.

You are a singer-songwriter who moves me through the lyrics, singing, and playing.

I also think Springsteen when I listen to you and these songs (this one goes with the previous one you shared if I recall sequence correctly). From my own musical preferences, I also think Neil Young. Not so much the sound and vibe but the story-telling from the sadder side of life.

In this production I heard some interesting musical accents, particularly noticeable in the instrumental part of the outro. I’d have preferred that to be a little less subtle.

As others have said, I think once you’ve introduced yourself, perhaps starting a Learning Log (#community-hub:learning-logs) with a post for each song you’ve shared would be an appropriate way to share your musical history and the most enjoyable songs you’ve shared with us over in the Forum.

Keep the songs coming as the muse leads you. And in due course you’ll have an album for the world to hear. Just for the album perhaps a few songs that give the listener some time for emotional recovery … or not.

2 Likes

Another original, great song. You are an exceptional storyteller and songwriter.

If you can’t get your songs copied over from the older site, at least you can link or copy them from YouTube.

I seem to remember you are an astronomy photographer? How’s that coming along?

1 Like

That was great. Good songwriting, playing, and performance. You’ve got the whole package going on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really enjoyed that, story, music, singing, performance. Very nice having the lyrics up on the side as well.

1 Like

Thanks David. I think you’re right about some of the electric guitar accents being too subtle. I’m still timid with that as I have not developed enough confidence improvising. I just feel lucky when my choices sound decent.

1 Like