Original Song, Electric Guitar. TItle: Womb | DissolveTheEgo

The recording is amateur because I used my phone. The background drone and music is from youtube.

Link

Thanks for listening. Let me know how you feel about it.

Firstly welcome to the Community, Suhishan.

I am listening as I type and am finding it peaceful and contemplative at present. The SC description makes me anticipate a change in vibe is to come.

The composition and playing sounds good.

Ah, the tone has changed but still retaining peacefulness … not anymore. Still enjoyable but lost the vibe I was enjoying.

Our Community is warm, friendly, and serves to support those learning to play guitar through the lessons and programmes presented on JustinGuitar.com.

We welcome musicians of all levels, who are continuing to learn, making use of Justin’s teaching. As such I’d encourage you to introduce yourself here: #community-hub:introduce-yourself, sharing some of your musical history, aspirations, and current learning focus.

AVOYP is a wonderful part of our Community, serving to support Members through offering feedback and encouragement. If you’ve not read this, I suggest you do so as to become familiar with our Community Ways.

Once again, welcome, and look forward to more from you as you join in.

1 Like

Thank You. I will check it out.

1 Like

Hi Suhishan, that’s rather different from what we are usually hearing and it’s a very pleasant change!
I like the calming contemplative mood if suggests and the tone change to overdrive is inspiring, the end with what I assume is heartbeat is a nice ending!
All in all very nice!

1 Like

I love originals and different is almost always good :smiley:
You say you recorded it on your mobile phone- was it all one take or did you do multiple takes and process in a DAW afterwards?
I enjoyed it.
I would be curious what it would sound like if you added all the different layers on top of each other, as opposed to replacing them, buiilding up the sound to a crescendo (two bands I love do this a lot: dEUS and GodspeedYouBlackEmperor!). Just a thought. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for giving it a listen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for listening.
I recorded multiple takes and used ShotCut which is primarily a video editor but because i was familiar with it I used that. In future, I intend to learn production. The problem is that I don’t have a standard mic and without it, learning now seems vain.

I wanted to layer but because I am a novice it sounded a bit noisy so I decided to keep things simple for my first attempt. I do love layering as well.

1 Like