Original Song - For Jean

Thanks for sharing that with us Jay, it was really, really good and another heartfelt offering. I too liked the three screen video. Interesting to see what all three of you were up to.

1 Like

Love your originals Jay. Always well produced, played and sung. And always good well thought out lyrics. This was no exception. Thx for sharing.

I normally get this on one of the electric guitar tracks, when I leave the recording to run. And at the start of a track sometimes. I eliminate it by trimming that track to where the desired sound starts or ends. Or split the track at those two points and remove the sections with the hiss.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello, this was beautiful indeed! Your emotion shines through, thanks for sharing, and thanks for adding the lyrics, so I could understand each word.

1 Like

Good advice. I tried a D.I. output on the amp and there’s less hiss. You’re my new sound manager, David.

1 Like

What a fabulous story this told Jay and you played and sung with such emotion. Here’s to Jean and the amazing woman she was. :clap:t2: :smiley:

1 Like

:blush: well just glad to be able to share some thoughts that are useful, Jay.

Once you reach that point then you can add a noise gate plug-in as an input fx. Just set the threshold high enough to cut the hiss when you are not playing. And if the guitar signal is sufficiently strong then you’ll not notice the hiss under the guitar when listening to just the guitar itself. And even less noticeable when mixed in with other tracks.

There is also Toby’s suggestion to trim thos parts out post recording.

What a beautiful performance of such a beautiful song! That was amazing.

1 Like