Original song: Got a Gun

Took me awhile to find this category - not used to the new forum organization yet.

Anyway, I should note that I do not in anyway identify with or support the sentiments of the character in this song. Just needed an eerie narrative to fit the chord progression.

Also, I worked harder on the lead guitar on this than in my past songs. I’m at Justin’s intermediate level. There’s nothing fancy about the lead part, but I was working at a clean sound and would appreciate constructive criticism on the lead guitar.

7 Likes

Hello Jay,
So… now let’s have a little valium for me to get out of this slump :grimacing:
So the Mission accomplished…sounded nice and dark and scary. :sunglasses:
Greetings ,Rogier

1 Like

Another unique original Jay, that’s one down in the cellar chord progression and I just love the eeriness and foreboding. You chose good lyrics and subject matter to suit the song, as yet another neighbourhood goes to the wall. Vibes !!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That was excellent Jay.

A very dark song but I really enjoyed it. Bravo!

Hi Jay,
Love your work :smiley:
In fact dark/eerie is my favourite genre and do it well here.
It takes a bit of cojonas to go out on a limb and do something artistically ‘different’ :wink:
Just a little heads up in case you’re disappointed in the number of views or comments compared to the ‘old forum’; the increased number of posts, means you can get lost down the list fairly quickly. That’s not a reflection of the quality of your production (which is great), but simply a consequence of the success of the growth of the platform. The positive ethos seems to have survived the migration well, which is the main thing.
Take care and look forward to your next offering :smiley:

2 Likes

A very honest observation Brian. There is a plethora of AOVYP content these days, I have had to start cherry picking. :worried:

1 Like

Hey, don’t brag when it comes to yourself too :thinking:

1 Like

je vergeet, ik ben de mierenman :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Then you must be Buster Gonad, Brian. :smiley:

1 Like

I agree with your comments on Jay’s composition and playing and with your comments on the increased activity on the forum. It’s difficult now to keep up with the number of posts on the site.

Well done Jay, I thought that was great.

1 Like

Once again, thank you all for the kind comments. The encouragement I get here gives me more confidence.

2 Likes