Original Song: Here's to You, Joe

New Song. This one started by thinking about how a couple of regular guys might think that I spend money in frivolous ways. So the first two verses are actually making fun of me. The third verse about how wealthy people spend money on their pets is true (this stuff actually happens), but is not about me. Anyway, hope it brings you a chuckle or two.
https://youtu.be/iS63DMlv6U8

7 Likes

That was fantastic Jay!
Groovy tune, great lyrics, great singing, and cool little solos. The complete package. Really enjoyed it.
And on top of that a professional production.
Bravo to you mate!

:+1:
Cheers,
Shane

1 Like

That was so great, lyrics, music, vocals, production, everything was right in the groove, really really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thank you. Mari and Shane. Had to work very hard to get the timing right on the lead guitar. Made me appreciate people who play in bands.

1 Like

The story / lyrics were very interesting and made me want to stay till the end to hear it all. The rest fits it nicely too. Very nice voice as well.

Anyway, it’s brave that you can sing about your experiences. Maybe that’s what makes it so good? Because it feels authentic.

Btw, I had no idea that fishing hobby could be so expensive. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joe, a well put together song. Well done!

1 Like

I loved this! Great playing (both parts), vocals, production and an original song to boot!

1 Like

Yeah, Kamkor. Ten thousand on fishing is admittedly ridiculous. A fishing kayak with electric motor, fish finder and trailer to pull it will get you there.

Another delightful production, Jay. You have the whole nine yards down … composition, arrangement, performance, mix, and production.

You have the singer-songwriter ability to hone in on a topic and write lyrics that tell the story.

Now you reflected on the fishing, photography GAS but never mentioned musical GAS. I guess the majority may have dropped more dough on our hobby than others looking in might consider sensible :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Great song , nice one!

1 Like

That was terrific Jay. You really do write, sing and play great story/social comment songs.
I’ve been racking my brains to think who you remind me of. I think it’s Jim Croce or maybe Harry Chapin.

I loved the lyric and the guitar play especially the electric lead parts. Great production too with the multi guitar shots and lyrics. Well done!

As for hobby GAS, we’re only here once! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jay,
You have become my favourite original singer-songwriter in the community at the moment :smiley:
Heartfelt observational lyrics without slipping into sentimentalism/cliché; competently performed to appropriate tunes.
Way to go and good old fashioned vibes for this.

There’s nothing wrong with being in a privileged position and enjoying fruits of your labours, as long as we’re aware of and helpful to those less fortunate.

I definitely picked up a Cat’s in the Cradle vibe from this one too, both in style and mood :smiley:

1 Like

Dude think you had it going on in that one for sure!!! I completely loved it man very nice job all around!!! Loved the verses and the chorus! Just awesome!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was superb Jay. Great playing, great vocals, great production and great lyrics. An all round great performance. Well done!

1 Like

Terrific tune, nice hook in the chorus - had me entertained the whole way through! Well produced too, good job!

I fly fish and yes, one of my waders has an insert that fills with air from a small CO2 cartridge in case of emergency. I rarely need that, though.

Also thought you would add a verse on spending $$$ on guitar gear :wink:

1 Like

Yeah David and js, my wife recommended a verse or bridge on guitars.

1 Like

Thanks again. I’m blown away by the support and encouragement I get from this community. Need to spend more time giving back.

1 Like

Great song Jay. Loved how you had all three parts with video, was like watching a band play but it was all you!

I think there are plenty of us that spend more than we should on our hobbies… we all only need one guitar, right? :joy:.

1 Like

Well now Jay,
what do I have to add, I believe everything has been said, so adding some superlatives feels pointless…so only then,… That was great man :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings,

1 Like

Some very true lyrics in there Jay. Great production as well. Nicely done.

1 Like