Pagination Issues - Can't align text

Hi,
Yeah Toby, The phone is the tough one. Yet if you were to do a semi decent graphic with good content (I would drop the smiley faces… in the graphic), then the phone user could size up to whatever is needed right on the screen. They could even go 90deg or horizontal phone position to read the chart itself.

I toyed with just a word processor and came up with this in a quick rough fashion:

That is sort of keeping in line with what you were doing originally. I would fancy up the graphic a bit more though. I mean put a little time into it and make it look decent.

EDIT
But Toby, is that all we are really talking about in the way of graphic support for your “How To”? I must be missing something in your posts at the old site. As I only see the need for one graphic, mainly???

Ta,
LB

Keith,
I can’t view your masterpiece due to a permissions deal I believe…

LB

Google Draw(ings) looks pretty good. I agree with Keith and would give that a shot! Tough buggar to find though… LOL

Here is the way to find it:
Accessing Google Drawings

FROM WITHIN GOOGLE DRIVE

1. Click the New button in the top left corner.
  2. Then click More and Google Drawings from the drop-down menu.
  3. Your blank drawing will now open.

LB

Ah, yes. Sorry. Try now.

EDIT: Oooh, that’s interesting, Discourse expands the link:

Cheers,

Keith

It’s very capable if you get into it. Here’s a drawing I did a couple of years ago:

But it’s also good for relatively simple stuff:

Cheers,

Keith

LB

Regarding that post yes, there is only one but I am thinking big picture and not just my stuff. Plus with the Open Mic last night I had other stuff to worry about at the time. I am not too worried about fancy btw just the alignment issues which the </> seems to resolve. But I am updating a post I made for OM6 in Feb22 and hitting similar issues, listing attendees and timezone. I should not have to create separate graphic just to list runners and riders and what the clock says in the world. And update it, import it every time an new person signs up to play or watch. That’s one aching sack, But I am experimenting with that at the moment. Somethings are better somethings are not. Like there being no Undo from what I can see !

Toby

I’d swear that I saw a reference to an undo in one of the tutorials, but seeing as I couldn’t add 12 and 7 today, clearly not at my most sharp and reliable :joy:

Just trying now and it looks like Ctrl z does the biz and Ctrl Shift z a redo

1 Like

So over on the OM6 thread I am pulling my hair out.

I want this V

Performers

UTC+2 hh:mm David/DavidP, Ivan/SS7
UTC+1 hh:mm Toby/TobyJenner, Luka/glpguitar
UTC hh:mm Jason/Rossco01, Mike/pikeamus, Adrian/Adi_mrok
UTC+5 hh:mm Tosh/phx1973, Mari/embishop (19th only)
UTC+?? hh:mm RFW

Audience
UTC hh:mm Darrell

Possibles
UTC+11 hh:mm Maggie/Batwoman, Tony/ynot (TZ tbc as travelling Oz)

To look like this V (ok I missed on tab!)

I have spent over an hour trying to create a simple post with some spaces to separate items in the list which is about as basic as you can get. I have had to create a Word document, format it there and the cut and paste that into Paint to post in the format which is most legible.

That is frankly ridiculous. I should not have to be using multiple applications to input the simplest of texts or am I expecting to much ? Surely Discourse can do more than that ! :pleading_face:

Did you try the “Pre-formatted text” format button, Toby?

I tried it and produced this:

UTC+2  hh:mm  David
UTC+1  hh:mm  Toby
UTC    hh:mm  Adrian

The edit window looks like this to produce it:

Or am I missing something?

UTC+1        TOBY
UTC          DAVIDP
UCT TOMORROW MAGGIE

Thanks David I just learnt something. :relaxed:

UTC+2   hh:mm David/DavidP, Ivan/SS7
UTC+1   hh:mm Toby/TobyJenner, Luka/glpguitar
UTC     hh:mm Jason/Rossco01, Mike/pikeamus, Adrian/Adi_mrok
UTC+5   hh:mm Tosh/phx1973, Mari/embishop (19th only)
UTC+??  hh:mm RFW

Audience
UTC     hh:mm Darrell

Possibles
UTC+11  hh:mm Maggie/Batwoman, Tony/ynot (TZ tbc as travelling Oz)

Works for me :man_shrugging:

Yes David I did sorry meant to state I’d used various options with </> above is en masse. Below is two separate lines, it does not seem to like additional characters / ( ) and why are bits highlighted in different colours ? It looks a mess.

UTC+2 hh:mm David/DavidP, Ivan/SS7

UTC+1 hh:mm Toby/TobyJenner, Luka/glpguitar

OK so what I am missing ?

BTW just organising food so will be away for a bit, catch up later

Okay I found a better way, how about this then:

Becomes:

zone time name
utc +1 hh:mm name
utc hh:mm name
utc +5 hh:mm name
utc +?? hh:mm name

I’m really liking this Discourse editor to be honest, plenty powerful just not very intuitive.

1 Like

@ Keith,
Nice work on the graphics! Jolly good show I think you guys say over that way…

I used to have Visio and it was powerful. But this Google Drawing will likely do all I need to hammer out! Thanks for sharing it!
:smiley:
LB

Toby,

I figured I was missing something. Though I think on your excellent routing post you put together, I would go for the graphic. But as you say, the need for tabs and columns type formatting is there in what you do. It may be just a matter of sorting it out. Using the tools others have mentioned and finding the best way to do it.

All the best!
LB

Performers

UTC+2   hh:mm           David/DavidP, Ivan/SS7
UTC+1   hh:mm           Toby/TobyJenner, Luka/glpguitar, Rob/RFW
UTC     hh:mm           Jason/Rossco01, Mike/pikeamus, Adrian/Adi_mrok
UTC-5   hh:mm           Tosh/phx1973, Mari/embishop (19th only)

Audience
UTC     hh:mm           Darrell

Possibles
UTC+11  hh:mm           Maggie/Batwoman, Tony/ynot (TZ tbc as travelling Oz)

OK so this is plain bizzare. To get the format as above, simple blocking then hitting </> threw it out but I then took all the special, non alphanumerics out bar the + & : and it was 90% correct and I just needed to adjust a couple of line. I then went back and added to / ( ) etc.

I’m cream crackered after that ! And still don’t get the different colours ? It seems random ??

Zone Time Performers
UTC+2 hh:mm DavidP, SS7
UTC+1 hh:mm TobyJenner, glpguitar
UTC hh:mm Rossco01, pikeamus, Adi_mrok
UTC+5 hh:mm phx1973, embishop
UTC+?? hh:mm RFW
Audience
DarrellW
Possibles
UTC+11 Batwoman, ynot (TZ TBC as travelling OZ)

How to get this:

You mean like this
and you just repeat
for each subsequent line
Zone Time Username Name
That’s Cool Ivan SS7 Thanks

:metal: :smiley: :upside_down_face: :boom: