Pamela Anne - original song dong

It’s been awhile since I’ve been here. I joined an a cappella singing group called NW Mix and have been learning the bass part to 13 new songs for upcoming performances. If you are from the Seattle area and like to sing, it’s really a fun group and helps you to get better. Anyway, down side is that I haven’t had much time for guitar. But I did come up with this little song for my wife of 33 years.

12 Likes

Great song Jay, I love an original!

1 Like

Great song, Jay. You must have scored a few baskets of brownie points from the wife for writing her that song. Very well played and sung, it had a Neil Diamond vibe to me. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Beautiful song, Jay! Who needs those three words to be said when a song like yours tells all of that and even more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap: Glad for the two of you!

I liked the embellishments in playing, very pleasant vocal performance on top! Great tune!

Thanks for sharing this one.

2 Likes

Lovely song Jay and played beautifully!

1 Like

Can’t believe how far down I had to scroll for an original less than 24 hours old :open_mouth:
Agree with @Socio on the Diamond vibe.
Congratulations and great stuff, but… Did she cry? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No crying, Brian. But she was pretty pleased.

1 Like

That was excellent Jay. I loved your guitar playing with the picked note strum style. Great vocal too and yes I also got a Neil Diamond vibe.

You are a talented song writer. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Jay, that was beautiful :blush:. What a wonderful way to express your feelings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
I also like your strumming style. Lots of dynamics in there :+1::smiley:.

Oh wow, that sounds interesting and challenging at the same time. I’m curious to hear more about this journey :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Nicole. NW Mix is an a cappella group that does a wide range of popular, Broadway and other music in barbershop style, 4-part harmony arrangements. Our director is very good and arranges much of our music. Anyway, it’s a fun group of about 25 men and women, and I’m really enjoying it. I think I may be too late to improve enough on the guitar to play in a band, and I think performing with a group is so much more rewarding than making music on your own.

What a treat, another enjoyable original from you, Jay. I feel like I say the same things every time I reply … the quality of your playing, singing, lyric-writing, and production. Always just so good, so enjoyable.

As I was listening, I was getting a little John Denver in the overall vibe of this one. A compliment in my books :grin:

1 Like

Hi Jay,

Great vocal.
Guitar sounds sweet as nut.
Hope your wife liked the song.

Digger

1 Like

Hi Jay! Great song and I loved the guitar strum and embellishments that caused the strings to ring out. I also loved the section “And she moves me…” to create a difference for the ear, which then returns back to the familiar parts of the song.

I don’t know if you play bass, but I could hear a bass part come in after the initial intro and verse, getting ready for verse 2. The song has a strong rhythmic feel to it as well.

1 Like

Great song, Jay! Beautifully played and sung, nice change between verse and chorus, good length (doesn’t overstay it’s welcome), fabulous lyrics (creates a lovely image) and nice overall production, nothing I could suggest to change, very impressive, well done and thanks for sharing! :clap: :smiley: :+1:
(As I was listening, I was like “this has a real Neil Diamond vibe to me” :thinking: then cracked up when I read the comments, clearly I wasn’t alone! :laughing:)
Take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was really nice Jay, the playing and singing were great and I hope your wife liked it.

Are you doing this song of stuff or is it a little more sedate?

Nope, not boy band. Singing in a barbershop style group of about 25 men and women. Really fun group with some very good vocalists in it. I’m learning a lot about vocal production from the director, who is excellent.

Used to play a lot of John Denver when I was young. Still like doing Rocky Mountain High with a friend who can play all the difficult lead acoustic stuff.

1 Like