Pat the Bunny, back from the Rabbit Hold Original Song by me and Roman

I don’t know what I’m doing yet but I wanted to start with these two songs, a collaboration with Schlaffenwagen (Roman Shootov). He wrote the music and I wrote the lyrics. I’m not going to say this didn’t make me cry. It was about all of us. And while I’m glad to be doing music again, this is bittersweet to say the least. My acoustic demo first and then Roman’s music and production. Just to show how a song develops.

9 Likes

Boy that brings back memories, missed your vocals Pat. Can’t quite remember this one but great lyrics as well. Then you add the magic of the Mix Meister Mr Shootov and the end the result is some thing special. I think both versions are superb. So glad you found the bridge and your way back.

BTW - Roman had been around but not as active as he used to be. Maybe he’s watching and listening.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Very nice Pat, actually I liked both versions!
The acoustic version was simple and you had nowhere to go with your vocals, you were really up to it and very enjoyable to listen to!
Romans version had a different appeal, more commercial to me, it could easily have been on the radio!
All in all very impressive :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

That was very powerful and emotional Pat. Both versions were great but I really loved the rawness of the acoustic version. Superb!

1 Like

That was beautiful. I found the acoustic demo in particular to be very moving, it really highlights the power of a voice and a guitar, and a voice and a guitar make some of the most amazing music.

3 Likes

Wow, Pat, that was superb! Liked both versions, really powerful and beautiful voice! I agree with @Mari63 A guitar and good voice make some amazing music…
Wish you the very best for your coming back to life path and further musical projects :tulip:

2 Likes

Hi Pat,
Wow,…Did is really a radio artist level,…,…I’m listening to that 2nd version for a 2nd time now and stopped tapping for that solo, wow,but that whole version can be played on various radio stations…after your introduction and the reactions of some regular customers from here the bar was set high regarding my expectations for you…but I’m almost (in my head only yes yes almost :innocent:)
with amazement silent,…,… the first version is so beautiful, small, raw and super good/nice for or with some tears,… I will definitely put it on a few more times for several reasons, … Fantastic amazing etc,… :clap: :sunglasses: :clap: :sunglasses: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :man_bowing: :bouquet:
Thanks,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Beautiful work Pat, a very powerful song. Bravo!

1 Like

Hey Pat, wow, what a great song. My favourite was your acoustic one, really stripped the song bare and your singing had a very emotional quality to it. Loved it.

1 Like

Hello Pat, that was very beautiful indeed! I also found the acoustic version brings out the emotion from your voice even more. Great song! :heart_eyes::blush:

1 Like

Welcome back to the Community, Pat. I am sure I’d remember you based on these recordings, such wonderful singing, so I guess I joined the old Forum after life had taken you down alternative roads. Glad you are back and look forward to hearing more from you

1 Like

Hi Pat,
I took the liberty to forward this link to Roman. Lets see if he responds. Sounds good to me on thi end.

I was hoping to hear some new material as you mentioned a “new album”? Did I that wrong?

I hope all goes well as you pursue you ambitions, round 2 or so!
LB

Welcome back to the community, Pat. My favourite was the acoustic. I just love songs stripped back as it really brings out the emotions in the performance.

1 Like

Hello Pat, thanks for sharing these two songs. That’s very impressive :star_struck:.
I particularly love the acoustic version :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. The power of a voice and a guitar has already been highlighted - it‘s so true.
The second version sounded totally different to me. The musical style reminded me a bit on a James Bond soundtrack. I liked it too, but it didn‘t touch my soul the way the acoustic version did :relaxed:.
I‘m looking forward to hear more from you :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Bunny,

How the devil are you?

Great to see/hear you back in these parts.

Sounded wonderful. Great vulnerability in the acoustic version.
Roman’s arrangement gives the song a completely different vibe - strangely optimistic sounding - “bittersweet” is perhaps the best description indeed.

You should also post some of those tracks you let me hear a few years back - they were fantastic productions too.

Hope you’re keeping well.

Digger

2 Likes

Hi Pat! Nice to meet you. Like David, (whom he and I started around the same time , I believe), I must have missed you, since you may have already “ taken a break”. :disappointed_relieved:

I enjoyed both versions in their own way. Acoustic is usually my favorite because I love the intimacy of it. The produced version was nice too. A faster, more rhythmic version to my ears. Well done on both and looking forward to more.

2 Likes

They were two really good versions and I enjoyed them both but I think your first version just took it for me. Like @DarrellW said, the second could have been produced for the charts and I preferred the stripped back version.

1 Like

Great job. Your vocals stand out in both versions. I prefer the original version, but the produced version is still great.

1 Like

Pat and Roman - I loved the second one - probably because I have a preference for a full band sound, and I also like the ‘structure’ that rhythm can bring to a song. It was great to hear the development of the song from acoustic - stripped back to full band. Pat - this is the first time I have heard you, and your voice really suited the song. I don’t like to do comparisons but your voice has Grace Slick stylings (Jefferson Airplane). One small suggestion I would make in the mix is to drop back the vocals a bit (or bring up the band) - but please keep the vocal being the main focus. I loved it!

1 Like