Pedal rabbit hole

I am going nuts with pedals I just can’t help my self I just keep buying off reverb. I am into boss at first but now really love the earlier pedals from dod 80s and 90s pedals. I just received 2 today and already bought another :person_facepalming:anyone else gone down this road with pedals or gear?

5 Likes

I’m too busy getting the F chord right :grin:
but looks like fun :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

Absolutely been there! In fact it’s one of the reasons I bought the quad cortex, I can get my fix of interesting pedals (or captures at least) and there’s a million things I can tweak.
Like you I buy most gear second hand, so I figure I can get the majority of my money back if I decided to sell. Having said that, I wish I hadn’t sold the boss stuff I bought in the late 80s!

1 Like

“The first step is admitting that you have a problem…”

Oh the f chord is tough but when you get it it will unlock a lot for you.

1 Like

Yea I don’t know what it is but the sound was a lot better to my ears on these 80s pedals.

1 Like

Oh god I know I have a problem! But I don’t know if it’s with the pedals or the wife saying what’s coming in the door now.:joy:

1 Like

I knew I would, so just bought a processor with a bunch of models in it already. I did the math to estimate and wound up with the processor being a bunch cheaper. Bonus is that I don’t need to physically re-configure a pedal board to change something! :slight_smile:

It looks like a great toolbox. If you use them, I don’t see a problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am digging all the new sounds I can create, so yeah, pretty much use all the pedals

1 Like

You can get all the pedals you want. But you still have to know how to play, you can’t buy a good technique. Practice.

3 Likes

This is just room decorations :joy: but in all seriousness I practice typically 1 1/2 hrs a day , and been doing that for about 2 years .

1 Like

In my case I got into building pedals. When ya get one of every affect it might slow down… I’m thinkin your gonna need something to mount them on though :grin:

Dave

1 Like

I am 100% there with you in the pedal rabbit hole.

I do my best to limit myself to only pedals that I really have a true purpose for… but it’s hard :laughing: :laughing: I just love pedals

I am actually pretty happy with my current line up and am not looking to add anything new right now. But it doesn’t take much to convince me I need something else :laughing:

1 Like

Yea working on what board I want. Not quite sure yet

That the thing I started with boss and I have a lot of them put away but I changed to dod for the older sound and USA made. I also have a lot of donner mini pedals.

1 Like

So what you do is get a board that’s a bit bigger than you need. Then you decide you need to fill the gaps so you buy more pedals, then you decide you need a bigger board …
…and don’t get me started on power supplies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes sir, and it’s a gas! I took the affordable, high value track when it comes to my guitar journey --that includes guitars, amps, pedals and recording gear. Some of my most used and favorite pedals came in around $20-$50 US off of Amazon. I have backed off now that I think I have things well covered, but it has been a fun journey getting there. Don’t let anyone dissuade you. :+1:

1 Like

Yea man love just how you get two pedals of the same caliber like distortion pedal and get two completely different sounds. It’s a blast.:+1:

1 Like

My power supply right now handles 10 pedals and 1 usb