Penne Quattro Formaggi

This is going to produce some unusual google hits. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks David … time allowing it will become a ‘something’.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great job! I agree that it has a nice bluesy feel.

1 Like

Well done David, clearly a progress made and it starts to sound more and more like blues! Some nice bends here and there, you put some time into it and it definitely starts paying off. Keep it up my friend!

1 Like

@jjw

Talk about a Freudian slip :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well spotted, John

@Richard_close2u :+1:

@TheCluelessLuthier Thanks Mark. It is fun and games to move from improv following chord tones and using scales, to developing a bluesy feel, to playing the blues. The last really all to do with feel and expression, I think.

@adi_mrok Thanks Adrian, appreciate the encouragement.

1 Like

Oooooo :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

And that ‘vibrator’ was of course my ring-finger trying to add vibratro on the B string root note and ending up with curl or a flat semi-tone bend :rofl:

A couple of very detailed comments above that are beyond my current knowledge…
But to my untrained ears, the bends and licks in this one were sounding pretty cool to me :+1:

Thanks DP! Just now bouncing back from a covid/pneumonia beatdown. I’ll be back in the fray soon enough. :guitar:

And ready for OM IX?
:sunglasses:

Still in the plan. Not sure I would use the word ready. The stuff I play doesn’t take too much prep. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear it, Clint … I can relate after my own recent experience.

1 Like

Richard, if you made that in Guitar Pro, do you have a GP file of it you can share?

Also - have you thought about making it a guitar challenge? :wink:

1 Like

I hadn’t, I’m not sure it would gain much interest or involvement.

1 Like

Thanks Richard

1 Like

@Socio
James … I had a memory come back to me, prompted by reflecting on the question you asked re: triplets and timing in the live Blues Club Q&A today. A bit of searching brought me here and something I did share a little while back.
Richard:)

1 Like

Definitely moving forward on the blues thing David, great work - really liked the double stops at 3:20 ish. That’s something I always forget to do!

Just one observation that may (or may not!) be useful: Playing over the I chord in the minor pentatonic, blues dudes pretty much always “tweak” the flat 3 (C here), i.e. just a tiny hint of a bend. Also with the flat 7 (G here) they often tend to give it a little tweak if moving through it fairly quickly, or a full tone bend if they want to hit the root, but that one has to be accurate.

@phil, thanks Phil. Let’s say I was moving forward :laughing: This was my focus before my heart op last year, when I still played that blue Epi LP. Subsequently I sold that and upgraded to the yellow PRS. And the finger problems in the second half of the year have proved to be more challenging to my guitar playing than the heart op was.

Hope things are improving David. :sunglasses:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner bit of a holding pattern, Toby. Doc says it is responding and progressing well, just have to be patient.

2 Likes