Pickguard for Strat

Please could someone let me know what will be the difference between these two pickguards? There is a vast difference in price but they don’t give too much blurb about them.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Stefan,
if you trust the website … then you go for the cheapest … they are the same
Greetings…

1 Like

Probably brand. The expensive one is a Fender branded one.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

the expensive one is a brand name , Fender, and its also shielded. The second is an off brand and not shielded

1 Like

The description on the cheaper one says:

" The Scratch Plates have full electrical shielding on the rear"

So I don’t think they are that different, practically speaking.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Thank you everyone, I’ll go with the cheaper one as it’s going on a Harley Benton Strat.

1 Like

The more expensive one says it’s 4 ply the lesser expensive says it’s 3 ply.

Dave

2 Likes

Stefan as folks have said one is Fender (Kerching) and the other is a copy ergo cheap as :chipmunk: (there’s no chip emoji ! Boo !!). When I went for a silver pearl HSH for my affinity from the original SSS I went budget on Ebay. It was 3 ply so a little thinner than the OE but I was still happy with the finish and colour. The only issue and another 11 screw Strat plate, was it was slightly undersized. The screw hole in the “corner” under the tone pot did not line up with the hole in the body. Easily rectified with a little wooden plug in that area of the Strat’s recess and one day I’ll get round to it :rofl: No biggie but buyer beware.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

That.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up on that one Toby. I’m always happy to be let loose with some dowels and some wood glue. :smiley:

1 Like