Pics from where you live

Yeah just remember to open the windows first !

Thought you might know the hotel, we were last there in 2019 and before that sometime in the 1980’s.
Very fond memories.
Michael

-14 in Denver yesterday afternoon. Finished shoveling snow an decided to practice outside on the deck. Tried Stiches suggestion of fingerless gloves. Played a couple bars of 12 bar blues. Stayed on B7th chord for one measure too long. Wife had to free me up with her hair dryer. :grin:

5 Likes

Minus 14F on the porch! :cold_face:
That is bold! I only play on that porch when I am in the mountains in the summer.
I will be there most weekends in January and February, I will play inside by the fire and wrap my guitar in a big plastic bag with a wet towel all night.

Yesterday a chair was blown clean off a lift with someone in it! Fortunately not hurt, amazingly. Subzero and 80mph winds, why on earth were they skiing?

About 30mins walk from where I live.

9 Likes

This is the beach near our house in Chicago image

Today however it is snowing and -22 Celsius with a windchill of -38. This is me in the snow with my son Killian who I wrote the song “this is your time “ about a few months [ago .]
(Original song - This is your time - #72 by Eddie_09)

10 Likes

Last week out at the lake:

8 Likes

Gidday from Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia. Sun, sand, and surf all year round ( and tourists).
Flynns beach, where I learnt to swim ( about 50 years ago)
images (7)

The breakwall at the mouth of the Hastings River. Tourists are encouraged to decorate the rocks with holiday memories.

I live about 1km from these places. Wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

9 Likes

Hi from the Berkshire village in the UK which has been my home for the last 21 years. It’s a fairly quintessential British village with an old church, primary school, a duck pond, cricket pitch, village hall and several pubs: 3 in easy walking distance, two an extended walk, and three others that are probably a short drive away.

As you can imagine, a lot of village life revolves around the pubs, but also the church, village halls, school, and local cricket and kids football teams. There’s a lot of organised events including a couple of outdoor fêtes, a small music festival in the summer, and a couple of parties every Christmas, and a village pantomime which has been put on every two years since 2003 (except for 2020/21 due to the pandemic).

There’s also a nearby country park with beautiful walks around lakes which used to be old quarries, and they hold regular events there too.

I had to dig around for photos, so some of these are quite old. The snow pictures are from a few years ago when it snowed quite heavily in the village. The beautiful old white building is my favourite local pub which is opposite the church, and is actually owned and managed by the church.

As some of you know, I’m actually currently living in Singapore. Currently I’m back in the UK visiting family for Xmas and New Year.

Cheers,

Keith

7 Likes

Given I’m living in Singapore at the moment, I thought I should post some photos from there too. My problem here is I have taken so many over the last year, selecting which ones to use is tricky.

So here’s a selection from my photo album of the last year which has nearly 900 photos and videos.

On the OCBC Skyway at Gardens By the Bay

Sultan Mosque at Kampong Glam

Alkaff Bridge at Robertson Quay

Helix Bridge, Marina Bay

Looking out from the Helix Bridge, Marina Bay

Fountain of Wealth at Suntec City

Visiting the Fountain of Wealth

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple at Chinatown

St. Andrews Cathedral with a F1 Grandstand being built nearby

The ringing chamber at St Andrews Cathedral

Inside St Andrews Cathedral during renovation work

Fort Siloso

Siloso Beach

Bar at Siloso Beach

Meeting with friends in Geylang to do the “Durian Challenge”

Cloud Conservatory at Gardens by the Bay

Marina Bay Float, setting up for National Day rehearsals, as viewed from the Flyer

Bumboats at Clarke Quay

Clarke Quay

CHIJMES

Marina Bay Sands viewed from Clarke Quay riverside

The infinity pool at the top of Marina Bay Sands

View of Gardens By the Bay from CÉ LA VI skybar at the top of Marina Bay Sands

Part of the F1 street circuit being built

The view of the F1 track from the grandstand after turn 9

Anderson Bridge, pedestrian bridge famously part of the F1 track

The Merlion fountain at Marina Bay

Me and friends at a “Stranger Things” Themed Halloween party in a shophouse in Geylang

Singapore National Indoor Stadium

A view of the outdoor theatre at Marina Bay

Cheers,

Keith

7 Likes

Lovely! Being in the nature is wonderful

A lot of cool shot you have right there! And having good times with family and friends are really nice.

1 Like

Thank you for creating the post! It is such a great treat =)

Used to take this bus to work, passing through the bridge every morning.
On the bus

Not natively Singaporean (I am Malaysian Chinese). Kind of struggling right now honestly but I will do my best. Hopefully I am able to hunt for a job in UK and moving there next year.

5 Likes

Originally from Manchester, Uk.

Now living in Toulouse, France. Here is a picture of the Main square

Not so far from the mountains

Close to the sea

And the ocean also

9 Likes

We’re in the depths of the dark winter at the moment

We do get the odd day of sunshine in the summer, I get more photos of the scenery than the fish I catch though @CT :joy:

I like to wrap up and get out to the lakes on my bike most of the year though

9 Likes

Great thread. love to see all of the wonderful places where Justin as/is having an impact. It would be great to link this off to the map of where people are located Where in the World? - Social / :left_speech_bubble: Just Chatting - JustinGuitar Community

I was thinking of the CCR tune “Looking Out My Back Door” when I chose these photos.

This one is winter in the Palm Springs, CA area.

YQM1

These two are from the east coast of Canada

Cheers

8 Likes

Some notable landmarks around where I live Washington UK, the original Washington.

Washington Old Hall

The Washington family crest - a well known flag was based on this apparently.

Penshaw Monument

Stadium of Light - home of a Sunderland football club

Wearmouth Bridge

7 Likes

Gloucester UK here. So not too far away🤘

1 Like

ooh look at that Ford Puma had one ages back great cars! Not seen in years as there are none here

1 Like

So this is where I live, Christchurch?banks Peninsula, New Zealand. Quite pictersquew

And one with me in it

13 Likes