Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb" - cover (collab)

Hi all! Some time ago my friend from France invited me to participate in his cover of the song “Comfortable Numb” and play the final solo in this song. It was with great pleasure that I agreed to Al’Z’s offer, he is an excellent musician, especially since I wanted to play something from the PF for a long time, so I had a good opportunity to make my dream come true :slight_smile:
I hope you enjoy it!

18 Likes

Awesome cover, send praises to Al’Z, Mike. And your outro was moving, delivered the goods such that DG would tip his hat, of that I am certain. Thanks for sharing Mike.

1 Like

What talent the two of you have Mike and Al. I love the way your guitar soars and sings Mike. You coax all sorts of magic out of it.

1 Like

Hi Mike,
That was amazing…this is worthy of a tribute band…I enjoyed it immensely as a Pink-floyd fan,
And also a deep bow from me to Al, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I often daydream of the moment that I can play that solo at the end… Practicing guitar for “a while”
there’s nothing more to it :see_no_evil: :grimacing:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

David, thank you so much for such kind words, I am very grateful to you and really appreciate it!!

Hi Maggie, I’m really glad that you stopped by, listened to and left such feedback, thank you very much!

Mike

Whoa !! That was absolutely stunning my friend. What a superb collaboration and production. You have covered magnificently so many wonderful tracks in the past but I would say this is your finest performance. Al’s musicality and talent shine through but your playing is out of this world. Thank you !

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Another mighty one from Mike’s department, well done! Really enjoyed those little pinch harmonics in the second solo, you make guitar sing and not play my friend, something to aim to!

1 Like

WOW, that was fantastic, loved the guitar.

1 Like

Hello Roger! I am also a longtime fan of PF, their music has not ceased to amaze me with its fantastic energy for many years! Thank you so much!

Hello Toby, my dear friend, I’m glad to hear from you, thank you very much for stopping by, and for such a high rating, I really appreciate it!!

1 Like

Wow! Masterfully done. You definitely did justice to a true masterpiece of music.

1 Like

Hi Mike et al,

That synth/organ sound is epic - adds an added layer of darkness.
Really nice low end to the production - lets the vocals and guitars sparkle.

Guitar tone is fantastic.
Beautifully played throughout.

Great song - brilliantly performed.

Digger

1 Like

That was some really sweet playing there Mikhail. I loved it.

A great collaboration as well. Nicely done both of you.

Sounds really great Mike! One of my favorite tunes (I’ve already covered this, but was considering a new version - might still happen, but now I’ll wait a little while). Great solo!
I know gear is not everything, but I actually just (like 10 mins ago) ordered a flanger pedal, so I can get more accurate Gilmour tones for some upcoming projects/covers. Your tone is great thought, don’t know if you used any flanger or not…

2 Likes

Ahhh Mike,
The Floyd is more of a belief system than a band for me and this is one of their great songs.
You guys killed it and what a solo by you :sunglasses: :guitar:
As I’ve said many times before on the forum:
“Right, I’m off to learn the intro for Wish you were here now:rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Adrian, thanks for such a good feedback my friend, I really appreciate it!

Thank you very much Trevor!

Thank you Joshua, I’m really glad you liked it!

Hi Digger, I’m glad you stopped by, listened, and left such a good review. Thank you very much!

Once again, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who took the time to listen and did not pass by :slight_smile: and for the excellent feedback, I really appreciate your attention!

Hi Brian, I’m glad you stopped by and, as always, left a nice and interesting review! Thank you very much! :slight_smile: :рукопожатие:

1 Like

Oops…I accidentally deleted some replies, I’m sorry for my carelessness… :frowning:

This is pretty good. Listening on headphones and the mix is great. The layers are there and it sounds great.

I think I read somewhere this song was written about one verse per day, I guess he was very meticulous songwriter.

The solo is great, I wish it came through just a little clearer.

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thank you for stopping by and listening, and for the good feedback!

1 Like

Hi Mike,
Boy, I missed this one as I have been spotty of late on here and working on some things around the house.

This sounds really good. Great job and play. I like all the elements that were attempted to match the original. Not an easy song to pull off at all. But pull it off you did and with great results! Your guitar play is top notch!

Keep up the good vibe and all the best to you!
LB