Pink Panther Theme Cover By dobleA

Now is time to let the guitar sing. Since my acoustic guitar got a nice setup I have not been playing the electric as often as I used to.

This tune is so well known that forgives some imperfection here and there. There is some beautiful versions of this tune with wonderful polyphonic arrangements for guitar nicely played, but I am proud of being able to play this basic version from memory with just a few stumbles and being able to put some feeling on it.

For the electric guitar version I added some FX (Opt Tremolo preset) and a slow jazzy rhythm with the drum machine

As a bonus, here is an earlier version with the acoustic.

9 Likes

You’re sounding good Andrés

1 Like

Expected Clouseau to run across the room with Cato chasing him!
Fun tune, Andrés. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

@batwoman and @Willsie01. Thank you for listening and commenting. Yes, it is a fun tune for playing.

1 Like

Such an iconic theme, Andres.

The only suggestion I’d make is to watch your index finger, at times it was sticking out and for future may be better to keep it tucked in so it is in position to fret when required.

1 Like

Nice Andres, some of my favourite slapstick movies. That’s made me smile!

1 Like

@DavidP and @Notter thank you for listening and commenting.

Thank you @DavidP for identifying the issue with the index finger. It is a bad habit for sure. I will work on that.

1 Like

The drum track seemed to be in a different time and made it a bit difficult to focus on the guitar, but your playing was pretty good. :clap:

1 Like

Thank you @Jozsef for listening and commenting. I just started recently to try to play this song with the rhythm accompaniment and I am still experimenting with synchronizing both. I found 90 b.p.m. could be a good tempo but fitting the notes in bars and keeping the expression has been challenging because I just have the notes from an old magazine and I get the durations by ear. I think that I can continue experimenting with the tempo and other 4/4 patterns by ear but I also need to write a tab for this version and learn a few things more along the way.

1 Like

Good guitar play there Andrés but something not right with the drum track. You were playing a different song.
If you’re going use a backing track you need to practise being on the same beat as it.
I enjoyed your guitar play though. Brought back some great movie memories.

1 Like

That was nicely played and an iconic tune. Well done Andrés.

Likes others have pointed out, the backing track didn’t seem to fit with what you were playing.

1 Like

@sairfingers and @SgtColon thank you for listening and commenting. Yes, the drums ended being a distraction instead of a nice fill to complement the guitar playing as it was intended. My mind is already busy in how to fix it :thinking: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I think a high hat going 1 2 3 & 4 will do it. KISS. I’d actually just watched all the PP films again for the first time in about 45 years a couple of weeks back, including the dodgy George Segal (?) one. Stephen would have been better. Anyway thought you played it well but the drums made it actually sound on the slow side. But unmistakable, :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for listening and commenting Toby. Good you were already in a Pink Panther mood. A simple repetitive high hat sounds a good option. I am pretty sure I can generate it using the GarageBand app I have in my tablet. I would need some blank bars to give me time to get ready with the guitar, enough bars of high hats for the whole song, and a clip to keep the tablet handy (that anyway I was considering to get).

1 Like