Pink-You Are Perfect

Hi everyone,

I decided to step out of my 90’s grunge comfort zone and play something different. This is the first time I tried mixing 3 different strumming patterns into a song. Justin taught that in one of his videos, which I heard him but could never do it until tonight. Far from “perfect in playing or singing”, but my daughters recognized the song immediately and were surprised I played something other than hair band music.

Pink is a really great performer. I hope someone else enjoys her music as well. Have a great day.

Jeff

4 Likes

Hello Jeff, and congratulations for stepping out of your hair-band-comfort-zone :smiley:. That sounds really good. I, personally, also like changes in strumming or picking patterns (depending on the song, of course). It‘s not easy to change from one to the other as the muscle brain not always seems to be happy with it - but you did a really good job.
Keep up your hard work :clap::+1::grinning:.

Well done, Jeff. Stepping out of the comfort zone can be good, sometimes. The mention of your daughters recognizing the song made me smile; I had a similar experience when I learned Old Town Road (way outside my comfort zone) and my nieces heard me playing it.

Changing the strumming pattern mid song can be tricky, but I think it’s very effective (especially when moving between the verse and chorus, for example). Very cool to see you incorporating that.

1 Like

Well done! You seem to have a good groove happening! Stepping out of the comfort zone seems to be paying off for me. That song is high voice range, i would probably sound like a squeeky mouse! But guess what? I would anyways! Just because i enjoy it, out of the comfort zone and it makes me feel good! Have improved over the years. Also doing some ear and voice training theses days! Keep on rocking! Keep practicing those struming pattern switch overs and PFC’s! Well on the right track. Cheers!

1 Like

I saw Pink then Jeff and thought gotta listen to this ! That was really enjoyable and may be the first song by Alecia that’s been covered here and on the old forum from my recollection. As you say a great performer and artist but best leave it there or the Madman’s street cred will get hammered ! :rofl:

That was really good Jeff! I enjoyed that a lot and hope your daughters did too. Keep it up!

Thank you for the kind words Eddie.

Street credit lol. You still have yours all the way. I gave my up by doing up a pop song :rofl: I think I pulled it off okay though. Next up I am doing a country song just for giggles. Thanks for listening:)

1 Like

Thanks for the listen. It was not easy for me to step out of my comfort zone. I am glad to hear you have as well.

Thanks for listening. For a minute there I saw zero responses and I thought was I that awful :rofl: Glad to hear it was enjoyable.

Vielen Dank Nicole. I am glad you enjoyed the song. Hope all is well with you :slight_smile:

1 Like