Plug in baby - Muse (previously posted in the old community)

Being as I’ve not posted anything I’ve done I thought that this was one of my favourite accomplishments by one of my favourite artists.
The first thing I did was find a decent tutorial (Marty) then a good backing track - PLUG IN BABY - Muse (Guitar Backing Track with Vocals By Paolo Cañas) lml - YouTube
Then I set about learning it in bite size chunks - intro first, then the pre chorus then the chorus, those pumping 8’s weren’t easy!
I noted my TAB in TUX guitar and then patched it together - I played the backing track through my Bluetooth speaker and recorded it and my guitar using my iPhone; the quality isn’t brilliant but it’s OK!
TAB: Muse - Plug In Baby.pdf - Google Drive
The whole track:
Plug in baby complete.mp3 - Google Drive

4 Likes

A fine effort Darrell :+1:

I love Muse, but to emulate (for me) is just too far out of reach, they’re just on another level. Plus Chris does so much with the bass (for many tracks) that it’s just not the same with guitar only, you do right with the backing tracks!

Your timing is spot on, which, as I’ve said before, for such iconic songs everyone notices when it’s off from the original. Well done :star_struck:

1 Like

I remember hearing it for the first time, still sounds super cool Darrell! How is your playing these days?

1 Like

Great re-share, Darrell, here in AVOYP. Hope you doing well, able to rock out.

1 Like

Hi Darrell,
That’s great guitar playing, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Thanks for posting it again, otherwise I would have missed it completely.
Greetings

1 Like

Thanks @liaty @adi_mrok @DavidP @roger_holland very much appreciated, I really mean that!
As regards my ability to play now, it’s very difficult Fibromyalgia and post Covid has taken its toll and makes it very uncomfortable to practice. I still do some practice on a good day but nowhere near the standard that I used to be capable of, I tend to get upset about it but no way am I giving up. I’m trying (slowly) to work on something new and a bit less demanding, I have no idea when it will be ready to present but it will be some time in the future.

1 Like

Hi Darrell,

That’s not good news man, good luck with it, hopefully you can find some relief in medicine,…or some alternative medicine along with nutrition…who knows…i wish you strength in any case
Greetings :sunflower:

1 Like

Oh shit man, hope you still find joy in your music, wherever it takes you.

1 Like

I am sure once ready it will be a pure joy to listen to Darrell, wish you all the best

1 Like

Good tracks DW! Sorry to hear things are tough. Hopefully you will get some good days amongst the not so good and can share what you’re working on. We’re all pulling for you!

1 Like

Hang in there, Darrell, your mental and emotional strength to work through the challenges and continue to adapt and play as best you can is inspirational.

1 Like

That was a really enjoyable re-listen Darrell. Your determination is a lesson to us all. Stick in there buddy.

1 Like

Hi Darrell,

Awesome stuff.

Tone sounded really good - mixed in perfectly with the backing track.

Looking forward to Muse’s new album later this year.

Digger

1 Like

Thanks, yes it’s a really good backing track!
It took me a while to get the right tone, my Tele thinline has P90’s so it’s quite hot and I had to play around with it to get what I thought sounded good.
Yeah I’m a big Muse fan, also waiting for find out what’s next; they never disappoint me :love_you_gesture:t2::love_you_gesture:t2:

That was superb Darrell, you need some big cahunas to take on a Muse track. Well in my opinion you do and I thought you did a sterling job of it. :+1: :metal:

1 Like