Pop-reggae song

With the help of some useful advice from others in the community I tried putting together a pop-reggae song. I think the song’s OK and I’m fairly happy with the lead guitar but it turns out reggae rhythm guitar is more tricky than it looks. Who knew?

Production skills are also currently beyond me for the most part.

5 Likes

Hi John, what a nice song :hugs:. I can definitely hear and feel the Reggae rhythm. Listening to it, makes me automatically feel relaxed :relieved:.

One aspect, I really love about this community, is the diversity of musical styles played by its members. And your song ist another wonderful contribution to this diversity :smiley:.

Thanks a lot for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Like it, well done all around!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words @NicoleKKB . Yes, it’s a great community.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement @DarrellW , and for the advice about getting a reggae tone on my guitar.

Well done John!

Reagge music gives such a good vibe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. And you transmitted that vibe I like perfectly :clap:

This is a genre I like too, and I’d like to try it out someday. I didn’t know but I suspected. Iknow by now that almost everything in guitar isn’t as easy as the pro players make it look like :joy:

1 Like

Well done, John. Success on all fronts!

1 Like

Thanks @Rumil - I once saw an interview with Joe Strummer who could play nothing but basic strumming patterns on the guitar (hence his ‘nom de plume’). He showed the interviewer his massivley developed forearm muscle - the result of years of contantly playing barre chords. It was all he could play but years of practice made him very very good at it - as I discovered when I learnt how tricky it is to play I Fought the Law at speed using barre chords instead of open chords. As you say, professionals, even those with limited technique, are deceptively good at what they do.

1 Like

didn’t knew Joe Strummer. Well i didn’t knew him by name, because i do know some songs of the clash :relaxed:.

Why couldn’t he play but strumming patterns?

I don’t think there was any reason @Rumil other than he didn’t need to play anything else in the context of the music and bands her performed with.

1 Like

oh. ok. i didn’t understand correctly :sweat_smile:

Good stuff John. Very enjoyable.

Yes, playing on the off-beat isn’t easy, feels very unnatural.

1 Like

Thanks @SgtColon. Staying (roughly) on the off-beat took my full attention - there was nothing left for any reggae technique!

1 Like

Good vibes all over the song John, a joyful listen! Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Thanks @glpguitar - good vibes go hand in hand with reggae, it’s like a cheat code!

1 Like