Practical Music Theory 1 and The new Music theory

I have 2 questions,

1. I have practical music theory part 1, the PDF and I am not sure if there was a video, I think it was just the PDF, how different is that to the new music theory that is on sale?

2. Major chords use 1 3 5 intervals in the scale. ie: C chord, 1 3 5 is c e g… Why is the fmajor chord 1 2 5? what am I missing here?

The F major chord consists of the 1st, 3rd and 5th scale degree of the F major scale, like all major triads. The notes are F, A, C.

The old PMT was written content only on a downloadable pdf.
The new Practical Music Theory contains vastly more content and has dozens of video lessons plus quizzes and so much more. It is a whole new thing, surpassing the old PMT by a long, long way.

Major chords are 1, 3, 5.
F major is 1, 3, 5 also.
Where are you getting the information that F major is 1, 2, 5? That is incorrect.

lol. Just me reading my piano notes wrong. Fingering not scale degree :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks re: PMT… I will probably get the new course at the monthly rate then…

If you just want to learn basic theory the the monthly subscription will work but if you really want to dive into music theory I’d recomend getting the lifetime subscription. Depending on how much time you have to spend it may take that long to go through the whole course.

2 Likes

Is the 1, 2, 5 not a sus2 chord?

The content is the same right? You just have a variation for payment, it’s not like if i pay monthly I get less / different content?

The content is exactly the same, the nice thing with the life time is you have access for life. With the monthly subscription you only have access as long as you keep your subscription active. And in a few years you’ll be saying why didn’t I get a lifetime subscription. If you want to help Justin by paying every month you can alway buy other courses or t-shirt and still have the PMT

1 Like

True, but finances dictate my subscription right now :slight_smile: as long as it’s the same I’ll work it out.

1 Like