Practicing with distractions

I’ve heard Justin advise to practice new skills while thinking or talking about something other than the guitar. It helps make aspects of your playing more automatic, so you have mental space to add layers like singing. Heeding that advice, I’m doing chord progressions and strumming exercises while watching an FA Cup match on the television and a Copa del Rey match on the laptop. And drinking strong coffee. Cheers! :soccer:
IMG_4441

5 Likes

Hi Michael, I use this practice technique, too, but you’re using an advanced version with multiple distractions. I’m still at the single distraction level :smile:

Oh man, distraction is the default here with school holidays, kids running around and a puppy constantly getting up to mischief. I’d love some nice focused guitar time for a change.

1 Like

I have a wife. 'nuf said.
:rofl:

2 Likes

Yah, I was wondering if I have ever managed to practice without a distraction :man_facepalming:t3:

LOL, the FA Cup distraction would have to depend on who is playing for me :laughing:

Today it will be my favorite distraction. This should spark some controversy.

2 Likes

Oh No and you’re drawn against my team :scream:

IMG_3486

Here you go Craig - practice with Elvis. Actually, e-Chords has a good version if you can fret Cdim and Caug.

2 Likes