Pre-ordered a guitar for the first time

Ok, I know I’m a sucker… but after attending a rather spectacular Queen concert I could not resist this offer;
Anyone who can present proof of a UK/EU concert ticket for a Queen show can order a signed Brian May signature guitar from BMG, at normal price. I’ve owned one of these guitars before, and they are great… but I didn’t use it much. But a signed guitar… could not resist the GAS on that offer. It might be quite a while before it ships though, so time to save up some cash :wink:

8 Likes

We will be waiting for the pictures. Sounds like a win win ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice!! Brian May lives in my neck of the woods, as evidenced by the many hedgehog sanctuary posters and banners around the place! And the main dealer for his guitars is just a short walk from my house!
Nice offer to have to get a signed one, can’t wait to hear what you can produce with it Kasper!

1 Like

Ha ha, Poor you … that will have to wait a little longer…so after the pictures I wish you a happy NGD…and for now…Not difficult which song is here…:smile:
Greetings,…

Those bmg look very nice!

Shouldn’t it be more like this:

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty good deal! I knew Brian May (and his dad?) built the guitar he plays but had no idea he had his own guitar brand these days.

They don’t look expensive either.

They look like great guitars and very good value. I must admit I did consider getting one of these at one point. If I had the budget and wall-space for 3-4 more guitars then I think a BMG might be one of them, but I wouldn’t get one in place of any of my current guitars and, I think, there’s still other guitars I would consider before getting one.

But that’s just me.

The way I look at it, having different guitars is about getting different tone, and different playing feel in part, but is also very much about the look and style of the instrument, what I would call the guitar’s “vibe”. This is, partly, why you don’t have many metal players using Strats, and you don’t have many jazzers playing pointy-headed Jacksons or even Gibson SGs.

The BMG guitars are a very unique, opinionated design which is highly recognisable and has a specific “vibe”; something a lot more specific than a Tele, or a LP which are a bit more generic.

Whilst I’m a Queen fan and have seen them a few times (including Freddie’s last ever concert) as a guitar player I’m not sure I identify with that vibe enough that I would prioritise it over other guitars.

That’s me, personally. I would be very keen to try one out though, which might change my mind.

Cheers,

Keith

2 Likes

If you get the chance you should indeed try one. They play great and are very versatile in terms of tones. Considering the price point they are sitting at, I think they have some impressive specs… like locking tuners, zero-fret, 24 frets, stable trem system etc…

They do have a very specific look/vibe though, so - as you say - that will be up to each individual to decide whether or not it works for him :wink:

1 Like

It’s just a shame there’s no easy way to try them out.

Cheers,

Keith

i did the same with the Bowie Supro. great guitar, unsigned but limited edition :frowning: