Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) - The Offspring

Hey Edgar I watched this just before the community went down and before I got a chance to send you a round of applause. That was super entertaining stuff and very well played.

1 Like

I loved it Edgar. What a great song and that was the way to rock it. Enjoyed it just as much as your OM performance.

1 Like

Sorry everyone for the delay replaying :pray:. Iā€™ll have to work on my consistency

Totally agree with the nostalgia feeling. Thatā€™s why I went full on this song as soon as i arrived to the power chords module :grin:.

And as I enjoyed doing silly things, I had to mimic the start. I donā€™t know if it is obvious in the video, because i was wearing headphones, but I even was wearing a cap, cosplaying the white guy :joy:

Very kind words, Jeff. Thank you for seeing my playing not once but twice! The fast chord changes are really challenging, but with a lot of practice with a metronome, is doable. but when I say a lot of practice I mean a lot :joy:. This is by far the song Iā€™ve practiced the most. But totally worth it because is such a fun tune to play.

Thanks, man! Hope you could see the video for the whole OM. It has really good performances

Thanks Silvia! It is a huge achievement being able to enjoy and transmit that feeling playing. So thank you for commenting and watching :blush:

Thank John :smiling_face_with_tear:. Those are such a great words to say to something that is covering a songā€¦ and even more with an avatar of Darth Vader, horns up! :metal:

:metal:. Appreciate it, Travis. I still doubt if moving to grade 3. But i set for myself a deadline, cause i could stay forever trying to master every technique of grade 2 and iā€™m almost 6 month now on consolidation :sweat_smile:

Hi Jeff. Thank you! My SG and I appreciate your words. I promise iā€™m not tricking you. My girlfriend can assure you that :joy:. Iā€™m making her to hate all these songs :joy:.

I thanked you there and i thank you again. appreciate the support a lot. It really motivates to improve a little bit the next performance each time

Great to read that, Stefan. Is such a great feeling to know that iā€™m making people have a good time while listening my covers. Thank you :anatomical_heart:

2 Likes

Oh my god. Love it.

Great energy/performance. You are in the zone.
Love the break out vocals - looks like you were itching to sing throughout.

Great tone - totally nailed it

Digger

1 Like

I was just thinking that there was not a lot of punk rock being posted here and then I found this postā€¦ great performance and great tone! Makes me want to give this song a try! Keep it going! :metal:

1 Like

I always love it when you can tell the musician is entertaining and in their zone. My man, in the zone!!!

Rock on brother!!!

1 Like

thank you for watching and commenting @Dman74 @Digger72 @pozz :grin:. Glad you enjoyed it.

Having the same amp in my simulator was a huge help for the tone :slight_smile:

It isnā€™t my main genre either, however this particular songā€¦ I enjoyed it so much in my childhoodā€¦ :love_you_gesture:

Great job! Loved the energy, and your playing sounded right in the pocket.

1 Like

Thanks for listening Jason! And very sorry for the delay in my response :man_bowing:t2: