Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) - The Offspring

Hello there!

The last Open Mic was a blast! I enjoyed playing and seeing the performance of everyone. It is great too to see how we all are improving from Open Mic to Open Mic, and even greater to see new people joining :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Normally I would just upload my performance to stick with my commitment of uploading a song every month to track my progress. Unfortunately, my video was dropping frames and I didn’t record myself. For that reason, I recorded myself again with the full outfit for the song (because of the nerves, I forgot I had to wear a hat to be more like that pretty fly guy :stuck_out_tongue: )

At the time of the recording, I’d been practicing guitar for 254 hours since I started to learn with Justin and I’m on consolidation for Grade 2. However, I like this song so much that I had to play it. It’s been a song I’ve been working on now and then for many many months.

For the recording, I used a backing track without the guitar as usual and my gear for this AVOYP is:

• Tenson SG guitar
  • Amplitube app. Profiling Mesa Boogie Mark IV
  • M-Track Solo (Audio Interface)
  • NIKON d5300
  • Extra flow and being a wannabe :rofl:
22 Likes

Great to see you standing up and just rocking the house Edgar.
Grooving like a monster.
Wow.
I’m super impressed.
I missed the OM unfortunately so this is my first viewing of you hitting your stride and giving it 100%
Love it.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Great stuff, tones were pretty damn good , playing was spot on!
Rock on :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

You were amazing last night! :100:

1 Like

Thanks @Richard_close2u , @DarrellW and @MadModMcd for seeing the video :slight_smile:

Yes! standing up is a game-changer in the way you play the guitar. And motivates a lot to be following the rhythm.

I get a pretty similar job because of profiling the Mesa Boogie Mark IV, which is the amp Kevin Wasserman uses. I found out on this page https://equipboard.com/pros/kevin-noodles-wasserman. Is a pretty handy web If you ever wondered which equipment a specific guitarist uses.

Thank you! Even with the frames drop? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great site, thanks for the info, there’s a lot more in there as well!

1 Like

This was great, enjoyed the spot on the OM.

1 Like

I did comment on another thread under OM video but let me say this Edgar - stellar job!

1 Like

I was moshing on Saturday Edgar and am again now!! Long may your rock project continue. Your showmanship during the OM was terrific! :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Totally awesome Edgar. The chord changes are perfect - seriously good work. And you’re a natural entertainer! :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing! Like the song choice!

1 Like

Thanks @Malz , @adi_mrok , @Notter, @twistor59 @SocratesDiedTrolling for the support :slight_smile:

You think so? I never thought of myself as a showmanship :sweat_smile:. I have a total lack of feeling embarassment. That’s true :rofl:. When I showed the video to my girlfriend she actually asked me that.

Thanks, @twistor59. The chord changes went well, but I was at the limit of my capabilities :rofl:. You can tell because when I’m super focused I tend to bite my own lips :sweat_smile:

Loved this performance dude! The nostalgia was strong with this one…
Your playing was on point and the white guy mimicking part at the start was hilarious. Awesome stuff man.

1 Like

Hell yes dude!! Rock on :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Wow! Edgar, you’ve got that song dialed brother!! :star_struck: Having seen you play this live and then again here, I’m blown away at how incredibly good your playing is! The precision with those fast changes is spot on! Super well done mate! Keep it coming!! :metal:

1 Like

That was really awesome man! Great job all around! Loved it!!! I missed the OM as well haha! Maybe next time!! :smiley:

1 Like

Love it! :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture: Sounds amazing and it’ s great to see the fun you’re having with it! Thumbs up :+1::+1:

1 Like

I like being able to just scroll through the comments while listening, getting to the end and realize I wasn’t actually listening to the original song. That happened here, so great job! Keep em coming!

3 Likes

You look very comfortable standing and your energy shines! Looks like you are in great shape tor being at the end of grade 2. Keep it up!

1 Like

Hi Edgar. I really loved this one and the SG is a beauty. Great job. Are you sure you’re not a professional just tricking us into thinking you are a beginner? :rofl:

Jeff

1 Like