Quand t'es dans le desert - JP Capdevielle

Hi to everyone

Long time ago we had the project of doing a cover of this song with Roman, sadly we never took the time to do it together. Now Roman is taking some time off music, but I’m sure he will be back someday to make great music again.

I had this rock sound on my mind for this cover for a few years (original song is more slow and an acoustic kind of song), I’m glad I finally did something with it.

I did the recording of every track (drums are programmed with EZ drummer) and all the mixing work by myself : Roman still gave me a second pair of ears and advice on the mix, thanks for that.

Few months ago I bought the Neural DSP pluging : morgan amp which is more famous for clean sounds. As I did a lot of travelling this year I found this plugin very useful (you just plug your guitar into your Audio Interface and you’re good too go) I was more used to recording from amps. I wanted to use this plugin for recording something so I used it for all the guitars of this cover (sounds might not be perfect but still I think it rocks quite enough :smile: )

Lyrics are in the description if you want to work on your French :sweat_smile:

Have a nice day

Biz

17 Likes

Wonderful to hear from you after a long while, Kevin. And sounded fabulous as always!!

Hope you are keeping well.

Great to see you back Kevin and as usual you make stellar entrance with a cracking song.
Production sounds really good, great energy and vibe. Guitars are point as ever and some great crunch going there as well. You’ve excelled once again on the vocals, I think giving this a more rock vibe makes that come across even more. Super job.

Hope you are well and life is good.

Don’t be a stranger.

:sunglasses:

This is basically pro level playing, singing and production, as far as I can hear. And a very cool song to boot. Well done!

Wow wow wow. Terrific stuff Kevin. It would take a lot to beat the ‘balcony’ performance during Covid though. :smiley:

2 Likes

Woah,

un classic du Rock “à la French”, magnifique cover, j’ai aimé du début à la fin, chant, guitare, rythmique, tout m’a plu et rappelé l’original !

A classic in “Rock à la French”', wonderful cover, I loved it from start to end, voice, guitar, rhythmic, everything amazed me et reminded me the original.

I’m sooo impressed!

I very much like the whole piece.

Hi Kevin, Long time no see! Hope you and yours are in good health!
That’s a great song, and you played it really well! Most enjoyable and entertaining!

The return of the prodigious son! :open_mouth: :heart:
Fab cover of a great song. Love it!
Rocking, thoroughbred production, which could easily have come out of the Roman’s stable. Congratulations.
Musically it was all there, although I do miss the zany videos you used to treat us to. I know, I know… it’s a lot of work :laughing:
Merci, mon ami :smiley:

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to this and for the very positive feedback. I really appreciate this.

@brianlarsen thanks for the “french song thread” I did not know this even existed … I know videos are often catchy and people tend to like this but it does take a lots of time (I had less time lately for music so I did not want to waste it by working on video instead). I like working on videos too so hopefully I will do other ones pretty soon. Thanks for the nice compliments

2 Likes

That was rad.

A bit late, sorry

Yeah still rocking dude!
How hard you try, you always fail to be BORING :smiley:
Catchy stuff, once agan!

Hey Kev,
Good to see you on and leaving us a nice music vid. Great up tempo stuff…! I like it and the mix is very good. I hope you plan to do more!
Take care,
LB