Rachels - New beginnings

So , Q2 Week1. :slight_smile:

Have done 7 weeks of Strumming SOS so next week i’ll be looking for variations, more distractions, feeling quite good about my strumming so far.
Shouldn’t be on this very long before moving to Strumming Dynamics.

1 Like

Q2 Week2

Not a great week song wise, just didn’t seem like it was working the latter part pf the week.
Strumming on the other had has been fantastic I think, Got to the point now that i’m only hearing a few metronome ticks on all the patterns in grade 1 At one point I heard only 6 tick at 80 bpm.

2 months strumming practice done , didn’t get to look for variations as planned but kinda glad I didn’t with how well it went.

Hopefully song work will get better for next week. :slight_smile:
Rachel.

3 Likes

Hi Rachel. Yes sometimes it look there’s no progress at all (and even some regress) but often is the prelude of a breakthrough moment.

1 Like

Q2 Wk3

Thats just how I feel lol.
Missed a day and cut one short this week, not good. !

It’s sometimes very hard to find the motivation to do the things we really want to do. !

Rachel.

1 Like

Hi Rachel, the day you don’t feel in the mood or don’t have the time for the regular practice you can just play a song or listen or watch something related with the guitar. Sometimes a short break is needed.

1 Like

Yes, listen to music quite a lot. :slight_smile: , I think I know why I’m feeling this way right now. I’m holding off consolidating Grade 1 because of how scrappy some chord changes are in the songs I want to play. Strumming is fine but if I can’t get a decent change most or near all the time, that is an issue in my head.

I’m pretty sure I’m ready for G2 , if not for some inaccuracy in some chord changes when I mute the strings because finger are a little out of place.

R.

1 Like

From the interactive tests.

I had already done G1 but not G2…

Rachel.

6 Likes

:champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

Well done, Rachel!

1 Like

Nice work Rachel, the theory course is very well put together, like I should be surprised!! :wink:

Have you started the Ear Training too? That’s well worth delving into when you think you can do, it really begins to unlock and demystify the fretboard.

So pleased for you with your progress, great to read about in your LL :+1: :+1:

Not yet but it’s certainly something I will do, along with transcription.
now, I’m racking my brain here, what’s “LL”

and thank you @DavidP

Rachel.

1 Like

Learning Log…(sorry!!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really think I shoulda got that one , lol :roll_eyes:
Rachel

1 Like

Hi Rachel,
I Forgot the flowers,
:bouquet::smile:
Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

Y thank you very much, wasn’t necessary but greatfully accepted. :slight_smile:

R

1 Like

Q2 Wk4 - 19 weeks total

A little vigour restored after deciding to start G2 material this week. Only starting the stick 3-4 chords but It’s a feel good factor for sure.

I finally plucked up the courage to record a couple of songs today only to discover when I put the vids on my pc that I forgot to turn on the Mic. :frowning:

It will be a week before I can do that again lol, took a few goes to get over the camera nervousness, Oh well…

Next week.

Rachel.

1 Like

Guitar Course started 28-Oct-22

Modules 1-6 studied in bulk lesson - Complete
Module 7 - Completed 15-Mar-23

Music Theory Grade 1 - Completed 8-Mar-23
Music Theory Grade 2 - Completed 8-Mar-23

Strumming SOS started 24-Dec-22 finalising
Strumming Dynamics Course 2 - Started 18/03/23
Note posted music to be used as before & afters of this course. !

Rachel.

5 Likes

Just have to say, I get it lol, I’ve managed to change the strumming I do in “Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That” with the dynamic strumming from Grade 2, with a variation ta boot lol. I Get It. :smile:

Rachel.
ps. must record soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bravo, Rachel, wonderful feeling I’m sure. Looking forward to that recording.

1 Like

Q2 Wk20

Cut the playing time down for the time being, I have lots of new individual items to paractice but quite short and my hand and finger need more strength before I can really make a start on anything worthwhile where the stuck 3-4 chords are concerned.

Practice for now is as follows…

All 3-4 Chord exploration
Emin Pentatonic
Open note study
Big G to D OMC’s
normal G-Amin still needs some TLC :slight_smile:
Wish You Were Here Riff
Dynamic Strumming 4x4 pattern changes
Accenting 2&4 beat strumming
Play a song with dynamic strumming applied

All this in just the first module :slight_smile:

Rachel.
Gotta say, absolutely lovin it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like a good list there Rachel, it’s certainly worthwhile taking a little more time over things as you progress through the more detailed modules imo.

:slight_smile: Great to read!

1 Like