Radek - November 2023 - “The First Noel” (Classical challenge no 9)

It’s been a while but the classical challenge is still on. This month it is traditional English carol “The First Noel”. Not exactly Christmas yet but I hope it will set the right mood while waiting :slight_smile:.

13 Likes

Beautiful playing Radek. Loved the warm tone of your acoustic in the recording too.

1 Like

Thanks JK, always happy to see your comments :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Hi Radek,
You totally melted me here :fire::clap: :sunglasses:
:snowflake: :snowman_with_snow: :evergreen_tree:
Greetings

1 Like

Well that was lovely, Radek. I agree with JK as well, the tone is lush.

All round to yours for a Christmas concert huh? :smiley:

1 Like

Another challenge well executed Radek.

I think you have improved in the area of bass note consistency, sounded pretty good throughout.

Now I am wondering about the next level for you. I wonder if that could be dynamics and maybe subtle nuances in timing and touch, that make the great feel even greater?

1 Like

Lovely playing Radek. I’m off to dig out my Christmas songbook. You’ve put me in the mood!

1 Like

Hi Roger,
I’m glad you liked it and set the right mood for your Christmas!

Thanks Stefan, happy that you enjoyed it. I still need to build my repertoire to have enough songs for even a small concert :slight_smile: .

Glad to see you David, thank you for the comment. As for the next level, the sensitivity you mentioned, for sure it is always on my mind. For now I’m still working on accuracy and eliminating accidental string strikes.

Still three more pieces remaining in the classical challenge but beyond this there is a long list of various songs I keep practicing but not recorded yet. And of course there is also a chance of another classical challenge.

Long term goal, to reach intermediate level of fingerstyle and feel comfortable, obtain classical guitar, electric in the long distance. Perhaps some other, more traditional instruments too.

Thank you kindly Gordon, so glad that this little piece motivated you to check your Christmas songbook, looking forward if you decide to record something :slight_smile: .

4 Likes

Hello Radek, this was sooo well played :smiley::+1::clap:. I can imagine, how much time and effort you’ve put into it. You can be very proud of you :hugs:.

To my ears, you’ve definitely reached these goals :+1:.

On the last weekend, I attended a 3 days fingerstyle workshop held by Peter Ratzenbeck (one of Austria’s best fingerstyle guitarists). For me, as a beginner, it was sooo challenging. It’s so much brain and finger work :see_no_evil:. But I got a lot of input and learnt so much. So, I really can imagine how much work it must have been, to bring this melody to performance level :slightly_smiling_face:.

Keep on keeping on :smiley:!

1 Like

Thank you Nicole, glad you like it and appreciate the effort. This one was one of the more difficult in the entire challenge, tricky part was to have a somewhat clean passage, memorising it was quite fast.

That’s a real treat to be able to attend live workshop, happy you enjoyed it. If it inspires you to dive more into fingerstyle, even better :slight_smile:. I don’t know much about Austrian fingerstyle artists but Julian Eggenhofer is pretty amazing https://www.instagram.com/julian_eggenhofer/.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of him before, but watched some YT videos now. Sounds great :smiley:.

1 Like

Immediately recognisable. Nice to see that your classical challenge is still continuing :slight_smile:
Awesome fingerstyle work as always.

1 Like

Thanks Sandro, glad to see your comment :slight_smile:. This challenge exercise will likely spill into 2024 but I keep remembering what you said, it doesn’t matter how long it takes as long as it is done.

1 Like

Hi Radek, that was beatifully played and very enjoyable to listen to…I wonder what your next challenge will be?

1 Like

Thank you Silvia, always happy to see your comment. Next thing is coming, hopefully it will not take 2 months of break like this one. A hint, this composer was already on challenge playlist :grin:.

1 Like