Radek’s Learning Log

Thank you most kindly Sound Bound, your comments are encouraging :blush:.

Thanks David, always happy to see you commenting :slight_smile: . I hope discipline can compensate little bit for starting late :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

It’s been almost a month since the last update. I was quite ill for two weeks and once I more less recovered my energy was quite low. Last weekend I finally managed to record some short exercise from my list.

PS.
It is longer then previous videos, as requested :).

Fingerstyle exercise 8
A variant of the Exercise 1 with more defined melody line.

4 Likes

Hi Radek, good you’re back playing guitar.

1 Like

Hi Radek, hope you have fully recovered now. It sounds lovely :blush:

1 Like

Hi Radek, your practice session sounded lovely.
I have only tried finger picking once or twice and found that my fingers struggled with even the simplest patterns. Something I’ll need to work on at some point, but keep putting it off for now. You make it look so easy! :slightly_smiling_face:
Dave

1 Like

Thank you Andrés, it is good to be back :slight_smile: .

Thank Silvia, I’m all right but have a feeling that my health is more fragile then it used to be. Time to start running again :slight_smile: .

Thank you Dave. Fingerstyle is not easy, usually people starting learning it after completing the basics (Like a grade 1). To play anything at satisfying level usually months of practice are required. Looking forward you recordings!

2 Likes

April’s challenge, actually recorded on May 1st. This time it is 1986 musical “The Phantom of the Opera” by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Not so much classical piece but classic nonetheless. The reason is I always liked this show and wanted to try something different in April.

Few accidental string hits, sounds bit harsh (forgot to file fingernails before recording) and in general I believe this is something better played on real classical guitar with nylon strings.

Next month (or this one) back to classics, sort of :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

Glad to hear you are recovering Radek.

I enjoyed both the exercise and challenge. Sounds so good and your playing comes across as relaxed and fluid.

1 Like

Thank you David, happy to have such regular visitors :slight_smile:. Truth to be said I’m rarely relaxed when recording with extra lights, I much more comfortable with natural or dim lights which is how I practice. Something to get accustom to perhaps.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the very interesting and detailed log of your learning process :clap: I’ve read through and now making my way through your vids, some lovely finger style pieces there and your commitment to practice and improving is inspiring :v:

1 Like

Thank you Lee, I’m glad you found way to my humble place :slight_smile: among so many other greater logs :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

That’s really nice Radek, quite fast for my standards…it’s always nice to check your videos and see how you’re progressing.

1 Like

Thanks Silvia :slight_smile:.

1 Like

That was really good Radek. I enjoyed that.

1 Like

Thank you Tony, glad you like it :slight_smile: .

I was expecting a grade 1 story, issues with Dm, but this is also very good! :sweat_smile:

Jokes aside, thanks for telling your story.

1 Like

Thanks Vitalik, happy that you enjoyed it :slight_smile:.

Fingerstyle Exercise no 9

Another Monday update and another exercise. This one is similar to the Exercise no 5 but proved to be somewhat more difficult, I need to learn not to squeeze guitar neck too tight :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Your “exercises” always sound very musical Radek !..always a little treat for my ears :notes::notes::notes: I was curious to ask where you’re taking these exercises from, any particular book or teacher?

1 Like

Thanks Silvia. Exercises in this series come from Italian guitarist Marco Cirillo. If I’m not mistaken he was trained as classical guitarist before turning to YouTube and his own fingerstyle acoustic and electric courses.

1 Like