Reaper Kenny Gioia Tutorials

I never paid attention to that, John, my bad. That does work and Iā€™m able to listen in YouTube.

The recording sounds pretty good. And the loudness is spot on for upload and replay in YouTube. Nothing obvious in my listening in terms of over-done fx.

Now you have that working, it will not be a big step to make use of your 2i2 to be the source of audio into OBS for making one-take videos, as well as Zoom meetings.

And I enjoyed your rendition of the song, much better in my ears than maybe you think it is ā€¦ but, hey nothing unusual in that experience :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

John

Like David, canā€™t access it here but could on YT. Good level at -3.4db, that is a great entry point so remember all your settings. :wink: Thought the mix was good as well for a singer/player set up. FX sounded like a subtle bit of reverb and both tracks which made things cut through quite well. Also the gtr/vox balance worked well for me via my PC soundbar. Youā€™ve certainly got a good starting point, so hope that UM is now in the bin.
:sunglasses:
You Rock Rock

2 Likes

By default, I see that my videos have ā€˜Allow embeddingā€™ turned on. I have no idea where that default is set, it has just always been that way. Hereā€™s a little more about embedding: Embed videos & playlists - YouTube Help But I donā€™t see how to turn embedding on by default, assuming your video did not have embedding enabled, Johnā€¦

1 Like

When itā€™s finished I hope itā€™ll do for a template to start other projects with. The UM is currently banished to the bottom drawer! :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve experienced this issue before. Other ones, but not this one! :grinning:

1 Like

John, have a look see in the YouTube studio and check if that Embedding setting is enabled or not.

1 Like

Back home Iā€™ve been able to go into my YT account. Prompted by your comment I looked at the video with the problem and my previous videos. I found that my videos, like yours, are also set to the embedded option by default. I donā€™t know why but the file I posted in this thread has the option unchecked! Maybe I took it off in error, misunderstanding the significance. However, Iā€™ve now replaced the link to a replacement file that has been trimmed to remove the opening 20 seconds of silence. Nothing else has been changed. This was done to make it a more user friendly experience for any other forum member who chances on the link and tries it. Oh! Also added a snap of George as it was his 79th(?) birthday last week.

1 Like

Now working John, so thatā€™s fixed the problem. Definitely a good base to start with.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey John whoā€™s that rock star doing the vocals for you?

In all seriousness, your vocal tones and the emotions you project are goosebump material. Thereā€™s an aching melancholy. Your guitar echoes that too.

Youā€™ve done a grand job with your tech, others have made specific comments so no point in my repeating them.

Youā€™ve done your music and yourself a big favour getting some good kit and clearly you are learning how to use it and use it well.

:star2: :star_struck:

PS Keith helped me out with the YT link thing. It was on my LL but I canā€™t find it now, itā€™s vanished. Sorry. Davidā€™s link will most probably help.

1 Like

Thank you for the encouraging comments, Maggie.

1 Like

I had a very unproductive Saturday trying to achieve this but without success. I suspect that I may have made the odd mistake following Tobyā€™s guide but I have also been told on the Reaper forum that ReaStream and ReaRoute donā€™t work on a Mac. Today I have managed to route Reaper - OBS - Zoom and make a Zoom recording but in a different way to the Tech Talk guide. I suspect it may be possible to refine what I have done because Iā€™m using Blackhole, a Virtual Audio Driver for Mac OS, to feed Reaper to OBS, then NDI Virtual, a Network Device Interface, to stream video and audio to Zoom. There may be and probably is, a more elegant solution but I havenā€™t found any information yet as to how. Itā€™s worked for me but not yet tested in a meeting. Not proved enough to share but if it turns out reliable perhaps the info can be shared in the appropriate section for the benefit of Mac users. It turned out to be a pretty simple set-up following the guidance of 2 pretty brief YT videos.

@Willsie01 Glad to hear you came right in the end, John

As always assumptions catch us out, assuming that worked on our Windows environments is universal.

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Toby, may need to add some riders up front to indicate that this is tried and tested on Windows. And maybe also works as described on a Linux platform.

Yes you may be right David, the guide was purely for Windows or I assumed it would work cross platform. Obviously the former. Iā€™ll amend the original If I still have edit access. Glad you have it working John. :+1:

Sorry David I am locked out. Can you use your Mod super powers and add a suitable rider ?
Ta :sunglasses:

Added an ā€˜on Windowsā€™ in bold type to the intro, Toby.

I checked and Keithā€™s post already stated it was for Windows.

And that would be a good idea when you are ready John.

2 Likes

Cheers David :+1:

1 Like