Reaper Song Slow Downer - How to!

Itā€™s a one time cost. Iā€™ve had several updates over the years, at no additional cost.

I have another video describing my transcription process. As before this was for SBL (and for a specific challenge on their community ā€œCampusā€).

Cheers,

Keith

Iā€™d agree with Keith regards the cost of Transcribe and from what I have seen all updates are free after purchase

One of the best features in addition to the easy marking function is the EQ and the selectable filters. No disrespect Keith but taking the bass player out of the equations, makes life a whole lot easier working on a guitar section. :sunglasses:

:smiley:

I agree, thatā€™s a great feature, and I use it with guitar and bass.

Cheers,

Keith

1 Like

Well,
I guess we can call Toby the ā€œKeith eraserā€ā€¦ JK, but still kind of funny.

I will probably take a hard look at Transcribe as the price is right. Yet for those on Reaper that just need a quick slowdown or two, there are decent options thereā€¦

In addition I am wondering if Transcribe can render out something like a slowed mp3 file?

Was a link for Transcribe posted yet? I have to look. But if not, maybe someone can put that up? It did not jump out at me when I tried to Google it.

Keep rockā€™n guys!
LB

Hi,
For anyone wanting to know more about Transcribe or D/L the 30 day trail, go here:
Transcribe

Ta,
LB

@LBro: I bought my Transcribe license in 2007, and itā€™s still good for updates. I think the guy might want to rethink his business model (although I do appreciate how it works) :slight_smile:

You can easily save out a mp3 at whatever pitch/tempo youā€™ve set upā€¦

As you know Iā€™m a huge Reaper fan and user, but for transcription and practice/learning tasks Transcribe is just easier and a more lightweight tool to use. BUT, again, itā€™s super useful to also be able to do it in Reaper, and for many it might be enough. Especially if they already own and know Reaper well!

1 Like

Hi Kasper,
Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:
Taking a look at Transcribe now. Good deal on the lifetime license. $39 is pretty cheap for what it does, though I am a noob at the moment in it. Yet then again, it is 2/3rds the cost of Reaper, for basically a single use type app. I think at the end of the day, any targeted use software should and likely does do a better job at something than say Reaper doing it as one of hundreds of functions it has under the hood.

I will give the trial a run and have a new Laptop due in Monday. I will probably load it up on that too at some point and buy it.

I did note kind of an echo in the song sample of my 3 file I used and Reaper did not do that. Does anyone know if that is likely the file I used or is it something Transcribe adds to the mix?

Thanks and keep rockā€™n!
LB

Not sure about that echo, as Transcribe plays it straight in my experience. Got an old Ted Nugent track plugged in at the moment and it just sounds like the album track. :sunglasses:

Toby,
I did not have much time to mess with it and am headed out soon. But the echo took place when I put on the speed reduction. So I tried another MP3 and it did the same thing. I pretty much have the install setup, so it is stock. I will mess with it more later and try to figure out what the deal is. Oh, prior to putting on speed reduction, the mp3 sounds fine at normal speed. But upon the reduced playback speed it seems the right side lags the left, causing a bit of delay & echo. Any thoughts on this one?

EDIT: I just put the same mp3 in Riffstation and it is fine, so not sure what the deal is at the moment. I thought it might be the bionic ears doing their thing on meā€¦ But most likely not.

Rock on,
LB

Iā€™ve been a long time user of Riffstation for slowing down, changing key, etc and itā€™s pretty good.

With it being unavailable now for the mac, Iā€™ve also purchased a tool called Song Surgeon which does much the same as Riffstation. It also makes it easy to add blank space at the start which gives me time to get my fingers to the fretboard before the song starts.

Both of them also analyze and work out what the chords are, they are not perfect in this regard, but very good.