Recalling Major Scale Notes

It’s time for one more exercise! Let’s test your knowledge of the Major Scales.

View the full lesson at Recalling Major Scale Notes | JustinGuitar

I’m finding these exercises vey useful, along with Mr Cato’s diagram. Starting to get faster at figuring scales, takes far less time than I thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wish I could say the same, but I guess I’ve not put enough concentrated effort into it. I’m guilty of understanding the method but not practicing enough. I can go through the notes of C, G and D forwards, but really struggle to do them backwards. :rofl:

I resemble your difficulty here. I have been pretty busy and burnt out with work, so spend more time lately doing what feels good. Playing songs and practicing techniques. I have been slack in studying things that require thinking, like cord theory and actually learning new things. Come spring, I will pick it back up (he tells himself…).

As a old person, I feel like these exercises are worth it to stave off senility :face_with_monocle:.

Feels so good to feel enthusiastic about learning and studying, which I haven’t felt in a long time. Even if I don’t ever get that good at playing guitar, this is time well spent. I love all the little epiphanies that occur going through this course. Thank you very much.

Stephanie

2 Likes

I’m defiantly enjoying Cato’s key signature trick! Once you get it you get it. My next step is to put some of them to memory like Justin suggests “Start with the easy keys - those with less than three sharps or flats.”