Recommending the Marshall CODE

If you’re a beginner who don’t know their style yet or if you’re broke and can’t afford several electric guitars for different tones, I recommend the Marshall CODE, it’s a digital (?) amp with many settings, including an app on your phone, which allows you to play different genres on a single guitar
For example practicing Black Sabbath on my Telecaster :))

I will point out that there’s loads of amps similar to the Marshall Code. It is a long way from being the only guitar amp that can do this.

For instance Fender (Mustang), Yamaha (THR), Boss (Katana), and Blackstar (Core:ID), and Positive Grid (Spark 40) are all very popular modelling amps which come with a range of tones that are good for beginners.

I think the main thing is that you have one of these popular, well-regard amps (or if you have a Marshall Code) you shouldn’t just rely on using factory or downloaded patches. Learn how to build tones from first principles utilising amp gain, and the tone stack just as you would on a basic analogue amp.

If you don’t do this then not only are you potentially not getting the best from your amp, but you are missing out on an important part of your learning.

Cheers,

Keith