Registered for a JustinGuitar live club - confused over the start time

I registered for this Club event but am possibly overthinking the MDT vs GMT for this event. What will my local time be so I’m not late or miss it?
Thanks!!!

Tod

look at the club page and then the event banner. It tells you “YOUR LOCAL TIME” at the top. As long as your computer clock is set to your local time, it should be correct.

1 Like

Thanks, Michael!

That’s what I was thinking but the only other Club event I tried to attend, I only saw the last 5 minutes. I thought that I was logging in early!

Tod

@CATMAN62
Start time is 7pm UK time.
We are currently in our daylight saving time so that means UTC +1.
I hope that helps.

1 Like

It does… I haven’t registered for a few Club events because I thought it meant attending in the wee early hours!!! I’m barely awake, let alone playing guitar :musical_score: at 4am or 5am!!!
Thanks!

Tod

@Richard_close2u @FannyJustinGuitar
I think that the confusion, at least on my part, is in how the time is presented…

This is how it shows up on the Club event:
MON, MAY 06 2024 · 12:00 UTC-6 (YOUR LOCAL TIME)

Maybe this format might be easier for folks to understand:
MON, MAY 06 2024 · 12:00 YOUR LOCAL TIME - (UTC-6)

I have noticed several other comments here in the Community that indicate some missed windows and/or confusion about UTC versus Local time (especially when you throw Daylight Savings Time into the equation)…
Just a thought!

Tod

1 Like

Hi @CATMAN62 - thanks for your feedback - updating certain aspects of our Clubs page is in the works. I’m taking note of this! :slight_smile: Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you, Fanny! I appreciate all that you & the others on Justin’s team do for us here in this business called “Learning Guitar”!!! :wink:

Tod

1 Like