Rene - Feb 2023 - A Horse With No Name & Lonely People (America) + Ohio (Neil Young)

All I can say @ReneAsologuitar is that is insane Bro’. I’m always just a bit in awe of people that can pull off a performance like that. Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Rene that was fantastic. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
Brilliant voice, wonderful full guitar.
Loved the solo very well played.
You have talent my friend.

1 Like

HI @CD02 ,
Love your wonderful comment, my friend!!!
I am so grateful for your great words!
Respectfully,
Rene

Hi @RonG ,
Thank you so much!
You are so awesome and so appreciated!
Stay safe and keep healthy!
With love and respect,
Rene

Oh man I was recently listening to that tune by accident and was wondering that it would be a great one to learn, you are not helping me with this cover to keep into my practice schedule as it is! :laughing:

Your voice really well suited this tune, playing was top notch as ever, great solo too! Overall cracking job.

Good job on the playing an singing.

Hi @sclay ,
Thank you so much, my friend.
This classic is a personal fav, and is a song friends and family sing a lot.
Love your wonderful comments.
Rene

A truly wonderful performance, Rene.

You are one of the few here who can serve as a North Star for many of us who fantastise of playing and singing like a pro does.

I shall enjoy the gift of your presence for as long as you choose to share your music with us.

Nailed it! I love your style and timbre as well

This sounds terrific! I’m inpressed! :clap::clap::clap: :blush:
…those guitars in the room…are they all yours? :heart_eyes:

A great song and you did a fantastic job with it as well Rene. Great solo too. Schweet.

Woa - incredible signing and guitar playing! This is professional level playing - fantastic!!!

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your wonderful response.
Such wonderful words and huge compliments!!!
I use 2 microphones, on purpose hidden, one Shure SM58 directed to guitar, and one Ear Trumpet Labs “Edwina”, above my head, directed towards my vocals.
Both microphones, can also pick up both guitar and vocals.
I also use Yamaha mixer Room reverb.
Thanks for asking.
Rene

Hi @Svalbaard ,
This is a personal fav, classic song, grew up with this truly special song.
I am also a huge America fan!!!
Thank you for your wonderful comments!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

That was great. Looks like you’re having a blast playing and singing and I had I had a blast listening :grinning:

@ReneAsologuitar,
This is really fantastic. So much to praise: the guitar work is consistent, great solo that blends perfectly, nice balance between vocals and guitar, and the vocals are nice and consistent, Just a pleasure to listen to.
If I had one complaint, it’s that there needs be more guitars in the room with you :rofl:

“Lonely People” is a song written by the husband-and-wife team of Dan Peek and Catherine Peek and recorded by America in 1974.

“Lonely People” was written within a few weeks of Dan Peek’s 1973 marriage to Catherine Maberry: Peek- “I always felt like a melancholy, lonely person. And now [upon getting married] I felt like I’d won.”

The lyrics of “Lonely People” advise “all the lonely people”: “Don’t give up until you drink from the silver cup”, a metaphor which Dan Peek thus explains: "It’s possible to drink from another’s well of experience…and be refreshed.

Feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

12 Likes

@Richard_close2u could you move this video to AVOYP

1 Like

Another most enjoyable performance, Rene. It’s beyond me to offer any more feedback than that.

1 Like

Hi David,
You are so awesome, and so much appreciated!
Thank you.
I am so grateful for your comment.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like