It’s been awhile since I last played the guitar! About 3-4 years! I want to get back into playing! I still kind of remember some of the stuff i learned on this amazing platform! I got up to beginner stage 2 and fell off from there! I wanted some advice on where to pick back up from? Should i redo stage 2’s final lesson? Any tips to help recover some routine! Thanks in advance!
Welcome back, Benjamin. You weren’t too far along in the journey, so I’d say review, repeat, restudy as need be, and it’ll all come back pretty quick I think. Go slow, and make it enjoyable and sound well, and you’ll be back on the train, hopefully to never fall off again. I’m nearing end of grade 3, and I still go back and review from time to time. Always something that I could use a refresher or reminder with.
Find what it takes to make you play, what’s fun for you. Try your hardest to make playing happen every day, even if for only 10 minutes. Make it part of your lifestyle. Songs. Get to playing your first song all the way through as soon as you can. Many comments throughout this forum is its all about songs. songs songs songs.
Quite a lot has changed since the old Beginners Course with additional content included in the new Grade system. If you stopped at Stage 2 of the old BC I’d highly recommend starting from Grade 1. There may be some familiar items but worth refreshing in addition to the new materials.
Hi Benjamin, welcome to the community. I’m not sure if you meant to say stage 2 or grade 2, but the classic stage 2 had lessons that are now in grade 1. I would recommend starting from grade 1 and spend a couple of weeks with the recommended practice routine to give time to develop your calluses. I still go back to review grade 1 occasionally to focus on strumming technique. Mostly I recommend learning some songs and having fun.