Retrospective - A Big Weekend!

Hi Stefan and thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it. To be honest most of what we do is still Open Mics so we will get 3 songs or perhaps 6 at best (two separate slots). Its really not worth carrying around more than one guitar. I don’t think we’d incorporate Acoustic into the set as it wouldn’t work with the songs we have. I do see other bands that do though…typically where they’ve got a lead guitarist and the singer will play electro acoustic alongside that. Lots and lots of open mics are only acoustic.

1 Like

Hi Jason, I admit to having been a bit reluctant to click on this thread as I presumed it was the full hour video and I didn’t know if I wanted to commit the time.
I’m glad I did.
That was a great compilation, a real show-case for your band.
It would have been nice to have visuals from the front mixed in, but hey, we’re taking gilded lilies now.
Nice to see the mum’s dancing with their kids, indoctrinating the next generation. You also appear to have picked up a definite fan- the guy in jeans and grey top, who was even filming you :sunglasses:
I only skimmed through the full version but the whole set seemed a great success to me.
Most importantly of all, you seemed to be enjoying yourselves and sound pleased with it .
Rock on1 :sunglasses: :guitar:

1 Like

Cheers Brian and thanks for listening. Yes it would have been nice to have multiple cameras and mix things in but we just couldn’t organise it this time. The “highlights” reel was done on purpose for our FB page as exactly that (no one generally wants to watch the full hour). The full hour is for the guitar geeks and us so we can review and see where to improve. I know we have plenty of guitar geeks here…it’s also good to show that mistakes happen all the time and you just have to play through them…I must have played Mystify dozens and dozens of times yet I still started it wrong (twice!) before getting my act together.

We played another OM last night and then have another hour set on the 4th June…so getting plenty of practice in.

4 Likes

Thanks very much for the inspirational words

1 Like

Loved it.

Must have a been a great buzz to be outside playing live - and a full hour set.
Not a hint of rain on you either. :slight_smile:

Digger

1 Like

Sounding great, Jason, and like a lot of fun. Love to see the dancing, especially when the little ones start dancing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you sir. Yeah it was good so much more relaxed than an OM. A real opportunity to get into the songs. No we were lucky not a hint of rain!

Yes Mari our biggest “fans” were children… although for first we got asked for a business card so we must have sounded ok.

1 Like

You know you made it, when people recognize your band name. I saw “Retrospective” in the thread title and thought “Wait a second, isn’t this Jason’s band?” :slightly_smiling_face:.

Overall a great set, I still need to listen the whole set but you guys have definitely put the hours in. And I always enjoy the live “mistakes”, that’s what in my opinion makes music fun. Playing with other people for other people - one of the most rewarding feelings. And I am really amazed how smoothly you pull of the high notes when you sing.

Keep rockin’!