Retrospective - God Save The Queen!

Catchy topic title for a post covering our latest gig with another hours set played at a local village event for the Queens jubilee. To be honest given the number of events in the area and the demand for live acts we could have played Friday through to Sunday without a problem, as people were still looking for acts up to the day of events! Not sure our families would have been impressed though.

This was much more pressure as there were many more people and the event was only focussed on the music acts so more people actually listening. Plenty of unforced errors although none which were easily picked up by the audience.

Weather was a factor on this one as wellā€¦ going from bright sunshine to rain and back ( no doubt influenced by us performing Why Does It Always Rain On Me). At one point continuing to play as monitors, mfx and everything else was shuffled further under the tentā€¦

We actually got a few people singing and dancing on this one and a call for another song at the end which was nice.

As a follow on from this one weā€™ve been asked already to play at another event at the end of Aug ( and we already have another slot at a local town festival in Sept) so things are nicely building which is both good but a challenge juggling our availability.

Now we have a little gap to juggle the songs weā€™ve got and start alternating two 45 minute sets at practiceā€¦.plus one or two new ones ( I have my eye on one for the OM).

Anyway enough chatter and on to the highlights video. NOT the greatest ( my daughter was in charge of the camera!) but itā€™s something and gives you a feel for the event.

Nothing new in terms of songs ( same setlist as our last one).

7 Likes

Fantastic Jason, great variety.

A contrast to the market/river gig, here you have an engaged crowd - proper buzz :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Jason for sharing some of your live gigs. They really are such a treat.

1 Like

That was an interesting version of ā€˜Fortunate Sonā€™. Great song selection of songs, I wish I could have been there. Lots of those great songs from a great era. ā€˜Bad Moon Risingā€™! ā€˜Born to be Wildā€™, we do that one too! You made them all sound really great as a 3-piece. Solid bassist, great groove and his tone sounds like a cushion for everything you guys are doing.

Seven Nation Army! Awesome.

I love your group! Iā€™d pay money to see that anytime.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Iā€™d also be calling for an encore, Jason. You guys are just going from strength to strength, wonderful to see. Great selection of songs.

All your daughter needed to do was get up closer to the action, when it wasnā€™t raining.

1 Like

So good. Your singing really makes it btw, itā€™s really good. Canā€™t believe you did Zombie, thatā€™s not an easy vocal!

Really cool first watching the videos of your band do open mics, and now youā€™re regular giggers.

1 Like

Congrats! It takes courage to sing Zombie, wow, not an easy one to sing, but well done! Have fun playing at the upcoming gigs!

@liaty Thanks for listening and definitely something different. Both equally enjoyable though.

@batwoman Glad you enjoyed Maggie

@Endureth Big thanks for taking the time to listen. Glad you enjoyed the ā€œclassicsā€

@DavidP Cheers and thanks for the comments on YouTube as well.

@jkahn @Helen0609 Thanks both for taking the time to listen. Bizarrely Zombie vocally comes easier to me than some of the others we play. Never Tear Us Apart, 7 Nation, Bad Moon are trickier in some ways.

2 Likes

Love this song, only seen a part of your video, due to time, is it on the video too?

@Helen0609 Yes part of it is on that video. The full version is also on our Tewksbury video here >> Tewksbury Big Weekend 2022 - Full Set - Retrospective - YouTube which is also chapter marked so you can jump straight to the song.

1 Like

That was great Jason. You guys are really good. I always enjoy watching your live gigs.

Just on a side note, from the title I was waiting for you guys to bust into the Sex Pistols. :smiley:

Ha Ha Stefanā€¦thanks for listeningā€¦now that would be amusing.

1 Like

Another great selection for your showcase :sunglasses:
Man, you did go through all the weather on that one eh?
iā€™d stop and watch any performer.
Iā€™d go to watch you guys :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Jason,
Nice such an overview video of a whole performance, very nice to watch and listen :sunglasses: :bouquet:
Greetings,ā€¦

1 Like

Great stuff Jason. You guys are going from strength to strength. Yes your camera person needs to get closer to the action, but given the weatherā€¦ā€¦:smiley:. The video still captures the atmosphere of the gig. Well done.

1 Like

Another fine one Jason, soon and you will be able to get some paid gigs which is awesome for a hobby! Set was as great as the one in Tewkesbury and enjoyed it again!

1 Like

Hi Jason,

The crowd has definitely swelled - good to see some Forest shirts there also. :slight_smile:
Solid set. Folk looked like they were getting into it.

And more festival dates to come. Did someone mention Glastonburyā€¦

Digger

Ha ha thanks Digger thatā€™s a ā€œNever Gonna Happenā€ thingā€¦. But little steps and hopefully weā€™ll get bigger things. Definitely come a decent way in 12 months.

Jason

Another great gig from the three of you. Certainly on the up and the offers seem to be confirming that for sure. Its been really good seeing how far you come, from our early days in the forum. Very proud of you sir ! Keep on rockin.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good to hear you are getting more and more gigs, shows the band is on the right track. Always enjoy reading about and hearing live performances.

1 Like