Rick Beato in conversation with Joe Bonamassa

This is long but interesting. A real guitarist who’s who as Joe mentions from Charlie Christian to Richie Blackmore. With plenty licks and riffs to add a little extra sugar and spice.

10 Likes

I was just about to post this, good thing I noticed your post.

1 Like

I thing I like most about Bonnamassa is that he is 100% rock star free. He is just another guitar fanatic like the rest of us. . .

1 Like

I really enjoyed this interview. I like that JB doesn’t play solos by rote, it’s all improvisation. Capture the heart and soul of the solo rather than being a human copy/playback machine. On the other hand, he sure has a lot of well known musical expressions under his fingers. So cool that he’s a gear geek like the rest of us. I would just offer that he is more into tone than he let on.

2 Likes

BB King often said that he never worried about playing solos the way he played them on the record. He played them the way he felt them at the moment.

2 Likes

In my Watchlist DP, good to nudge it here !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I finally got around to watching this, and it was a brilliant interview. He truly does seem like a regular Joe, and man can he ever play. He seems really grounded as well, and knows a whole lot about music and guitars and artists. Also definitely fanned the GAS over here!

1 Like

I just hit play on YT but its getting late. So guess this will be a multi tranche viewing. !

1 Like

@Mari63 much like Mark Knopfler in the video you shared.

And I listen regularly to the live Amsterdam recording with Beth Hart.

1 Like