RIP Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville Cover from the porch

18 Likes

Nice tribute, Tosh :smiley:
Did you know the song already or learn it for the occasion?
Esp. appropriate to sing from the porch :wink:

Thank you Brian! I knew the song already, just had to give myself a little refresher this morning. I saw Jimmy in concert one time and have always loved those island vibes. Sorry to hear he passed!

Wonderful tribute Tosh. Nothing to add, :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great tribute in the most appropriate setting. :sunglasses::smiley:

Got the vibes and enjoyed the listen. Now I want to have a go on this myself. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, Tosh!

1 Like

Definitely give it a go, Lisa! Thanks for the listen and kind comments.

1 Like

Thanks my friend.

Nice tribute Josh. We moved to Florida almost 2 1/2 years ago, and it feels like a hunk of it just sailed away.

3 Likes

Thanks, and I imagine it does!

Lovely tribute Tosh. Yes, the perfect place to play that song. Wouldn’t actually like to play guitar on a swing though! Might be a bit like standing up in a hammock. :joy:
Well done.

1 Like

haha. good point about the front porch swing! Good to see you, Gordon.

1 Like

Wow! So well played, sung and whistled! Bravo!

Thanks for posting this! This is a great tribute. I like your version. You’ve got a good, laid back vibe and sound.

I never really listened to Buffett, and I’m not sure why, but a week before he died I started learning this song.
I was jamming on it all week on both ukulele and guitar. I played it over and over all week, switching instruments. What a loss to find out he died, and then come to find out he seems like he was a really fascinating guy, as well.

I’ll be playing it over and over a lot more, both to put my own spin on it and feel more solid in the vocals. I especially have trouble singing when the lyrics start in the middle of a measure.

1 Like

A great nod to JB, Tosh and I liked the vibe it had. Whistling at the end as well, super, not easy.

1 Like

Good morning, Tosh.
This was just the right song to listen to while I was sitting on my sunny veranda and having breakfast :sun_with_face::stuffed_flatbread::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
Very enjoyable playing and singing :blush:.
I also like that you recorded it at your porch and with this nice background. It suits the purpose so well :smiley:.
Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:.

1 Like

Hi Tosh,
Nice job of it on this one. I really liked your effort, play and vox too. Just fitting for sure!
Keep up the good vibe and take good care!
LB

1 Like

Can’t say much more than what has already been said. Very nice tribute Tosh, and yeah, I can think of no better place to play it.

1 Like

I enjoyed that Tosh. Well played and a fitting tribute.

1 Like

Thanks LB!

Thank you JK!

1 Like