Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)

@MiJoy Thanks, Mike. Just have to keep at. You’ll get it.

@sairfingers thanks for that feedback, Gordon. Yeah, that keyboard turned out to be a real gift. Even though it’s what I would call kind of low end, it really has some good voices in it.

@Digger72 Hi, Digger. Thanks for that generous feedback. Actually I’ve taken a look at Boom, Boom and learned the opening riff/lick. John Lee Hooker is so cool. Maybe one day I’ll try it.

@twistor59 thanks Phil. That really means something to me as I’ve been trying to put a little more into my recordings.

Really enjoyable, OH! Loved the rhythm. What can I say? You’re incredible :heart:

@pkboo3 Hi Pam. That is very kind of you.
Glad that it was enjoyable for you.

I hear you playing, think Whoaahh! and start looking for the chords and everything to get my own try on it. Although I only have an acoustic, maybe it’ll work. Thanks for your input, congratulations on your performance, it’s just … stimulating!!!

@Narjuna Chris, thanks for stopping by and taking a listen, and for that nice feedback. The payback for me is that it was stimulating for you. Sure an acoustic will work. Let us hear it when you get it. It’s definitely a fun song to learn and play.

I missed this Dave-
It was the day I travelled to Dublin and then came down with the ‘bug’.
Made up for it this morning though with double helping listens :smiley:
Really enjoyed the instrumental section in the middle, but the little guitar flourish at the end was fab!
I’m more familiar with my wife’s version of it than the Doors’ though, as she frequently sings the Hands on lines to me when I’m driving (or becoming too frisky :laughing:)
I hope your difficult times are under control and you continue entertaining us with these gems.
Take care

That’s a brilliant version of this song, Dave, I love the bit of a loose feel, that’s the kind of song this one is. Great playing all around, you’re making excellent use of your ‘dumpster keys’!

Hi OH,
Nice job on this one. For a bit there I thought Morrison had come back from his grave and lent his chops to this one. Great guitar play and vox. Other aspects stood out as well. Good mix and nice job all around. They don’t get much better than this!

Glad your 1,000 mile RT paid off and you went ahead on this project as it came out great!

All the best and I don’t get the “left turns”. You live out east coast-ish and them left turns should have some resistance thrown at them due to your location? Bad joke I guess… :roll_eyes:

Take good care and be well,
LB

Thanks, Brian. Glad you enjoyed the mid and end. The ending is fun to play. A few more months and things should smooth out. At least I hope they do. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks, Mari. Glad you stopped by. Yeah, that DK comes in handy. Just wish I really knew how to play.
How’s Walkway going? Or did I miss another version?

LB, you’re being too generous. Thanks. No left turns on the right coast, just in my life this year.

1 Like

I’ve been working on other things so that one’s on the back burner right now. I’ll get back to it!