Rocket Man - Elton John AKA Dinga

Superb piece of work Craig - your timing and phrasing is impeccable!

Very nicely played and sung Craig! You had me swaying along to it at my desk.

This song really suits your voice :clap:

Terrific version Craig. Well done playing a piano song on guitar and with a super vocal that made the song your own.
From a performance perspective the only thing that let it down for me was you reading the lyrics/chords from a sheet. Would have been much more natural if you knew the song off by heart.

Thanks again for the comments guys, I think you’re all a bit too kind :grin:

@sairfingers thanks Gordon. Totally agree, it would be a far better performance if the chords and lyrics were memorised. With what I’m learning on both the JG Guitar and PMT courses unfortunately my ageing hard drive is already fairly busy remembering stuff so chords and lyrics are taking longer🙄. It’ll come, I play them regularly so it has to sink in eventually👍

2 Likes

Hey,
Good to hear this one again. This is classic Sir John, well done too!

Keep up the thrust!
LB

1 Like

Hi Craig,

wow, that was so well done! :clap: :smiley: I can only echo what the others already said: This was a great performance playing and singing wise!

Tackling an Elton-John-Song is brave, especially with a guitar instead of piano - and you did it justice. :+1: You made an own version of this lovely, classic tune and delivered it with the right feeling. I thoroughly enjoyed the listen - thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang man, I quite enjoyed that! Great song choice on your end, wonderful voice and nice playing!

1 Like

Craig, nice work!!!

1 Like

Hi Craig…this sounds so very good! I love the gentle tone of your strumming and you have a very beautiful in tune voice too! I much enjoyed it!

Thanks Silvia, I appreciate your comments. They are all a work in progress, hopefully improving as my techniques improve and broaden.:+1:

1 Like

That was quite impressive! You’ve got skills! You seemed one with your guitar. So enjoyable.

Really feeling this, Craig. Nice job.

Chris

:grin:Thanks Pamela & Chris really appreciated. It’s a long road but enjoyable and I keep reminding myself to look backwards occasionally and not focus on the miles ahead :grinning:

Thanks for posting - I enjoyed listening. I found your singing really soothing. Speaking as an old guy, way to go!

1 Like

I can’t believe I missed this. Wonderfully played and sung :heart_eyes:. Your voice is great!

1 Like

Craig, you have really captured the vibe of the original in such a smartway. Great stuff!

1 Like

Thanks for listening @Helen0609 @Willsie @Just_Dan and the great comments, it’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Really nice cover Craig! I really enjoy this song and also was toying with it a while ago on acoustic. You definitely made me want to revisit! Well done

Thanks Adrian, appreciate you having a listen and your feedback :+1:

Just brilliant, great job on this mate . Keep on rocketing man.