Roger`s 6th Trick - from Justin

Hi Nicole @NicoleKKB
Thank you very much for your time :blush: :sunglasses: and If you post a comment after 3 days of my posts, you are not late but still very early (Forget this when you receive a personal invitation to a party with a date and time :roll_eyes:)… it is a bit of a hassle to switch from electric to acoustic… I feel like a complete newcomer again (although fortunately you bring a lot of knowledge with you, but still )
I didn’t expect it to take so much effort… I’ve already spent a few hours on the acoustic and it squeaks when going back and forth, even if I move so softly over the strings that they are not visibly pressed… I Now let’s cross our fingers that other strings will provide at least a little bit of relief… and of course practice practice and let’s not forget that practice will certainly help too :blush:
Greetings,

Hi LBro,
Thank you for your comment, :sunglasses: :smiley:
and it is clear to me that in any case the acoustic sounds are preferred in this style … that is also the case with me…
Now I just have to learn to play properly and I can go on the big stage :sweat_smile:

Greetings,

1 Like

Hi Roger, that acoustasonic sounds so sweet. I really loved listening to that first piece and didn’t find the string squeak to be at all distracting. I’ve heard Justin Johnston play some amazing tunes and still squeak the strings while playing. It’s all part of guitar music so don’t fret it. (. No fret pun intended).
Cheers Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave , @DaveTC59
Thank you for your kind words and your encouragement :sunglasses: :blush:… Yes, I have often said when someone asked (or fret :smile:) something about the squeaking of his or her strings that
" that squeaking distinguishes us from piano players " :grin:
(although this is a bit too much what I am showing here in this relatively simple actions)
Greetings

Really enjoyed that roger.
I can’t remember the lesson for it but that’s maybe because it’s a bit too difficult for me to attempt it.
Lovely looking guitar as well.

1 Like

Hi James,
Thank you for your first comment in AVOYP and that it is just happening here, good to see you :blush: :smiley:… one day you will come across this too… there is a lot to learn without playing it completely as Justin taught here… I started this myself while I actually still had to complete/consolidate grade 2 SSSsst …and came back again a long time later :sweat_smile:
Thanks and greetings

Fabulous playing Rogier. Beautiful tone from your acoustic guitar and what a gorgeous looking guitar it is. Glad I found this post as for some reason I thought I had already commented on it. Better late than never! Really cool :sunglasses: vibes.

1 Like

Smooth playing bro!

I used to play with flatwound strings on my cheap acoustic.
The shopkeeper thought it was weird.
Well the shop went belly up and I’m still here!

No serioisly, on an amplified semi-acoustic, I think flatwounds sounds awesome! just mind the tension and go for light enough strings for acoustics

1 Like

Hi Eddie, @Eddie_09
Thanks for the comment and glad you liked it :smiley::sunglasses: …it is busy in this section :sweat_smile:
Greetings

Hi Lieven @LievenDV
:laughing:
Thanks for listening :smiley: :sunglasses: and I now have the clear and right information to put on a new set of strings this weekend…many thanks for that :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Hi Rogier …well…late is better than never, right? :innocent::grin: Loved both performances, the squeaking was not so excessive to my ears and the acoustasonic had a very pleasant tone, but the electric also fitted very well with this piece of music. Very well done, my friend!
:raised_hands: Wish you a good :sun_with_face:day!

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
How nice to hear from you :smiley:
Thank you very much and thank you for your comments :blush: :sunglasses:

I think you’re very busy with other things … not such important things as listening to the guitar and practicing as much as possible :thinking:, but teaching children how to become smarter and helping them get started in life and teaching them all those unimportant things as …oke I stop now… :joy: :rofl:

all power to you and your colleagues :clap: :man_bowing:
:sunflower:

1 Like

Caught this on YouTube and never followed the post up over here. Very nicely done sir and that new “toy” of yours is sounding really good in the first video, as is the second. You have certainly found a sweet tone for these pieces and hey those squeaks are part of life. :wink:
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Toby,
Thank you :sunglasses:and thanks to you-tube :smile:

:sweat_smile:
A lot of practice makes children :blush:, I’ve been saying all my life…
and hopefully a tiny bit less squeaking…but I got to accept some
Greetings

2 Likes

I think :thinking: maybe I’m afraid to ask what EXACTLY you’re practicing…. :grimacing::roll_eyes::face_with_peeking_eye:

I thought this was a music/guitar forum!!!

But :exploding_head:…….

Tod

1 Like

Hi Tod,
As is often the case, sentences or proverbs that I have made up cannot really be translated (or not at all), so I combine things a bit and so on…even Dutch often not following me ,especially when I’m in my fast-talking mode :see_no_evil:
“official” is my saying …oefening baart kinderen… so not the same ‘starting’ ,same ending (childeren) and still not neat to deviate further about :joy:
Greetings :innocent:

Hi Rogier…
I had assumed that something was “Lost in Translation” but found that to be quite funny!!! Not that there’s anything wrong with practicing……. ANYTHING!!! :rofl: That said, I was just “poking fun” at you for how it was worded in English! No harm, right?
Thanks,

Tod

1 Like

Ha ha ,of course no harm ,keep doing it this way :grin: No soft/prudence treatment for me :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:

Greetings

1 Like

Hi Rogier
I thought that both sounded good but I think the Acoustasonic makes it sound more authentic. I found only one place in piece where the string noise or squeeking was too loud. I listened to Justin’s demo and he has string noise also so it may not be completely avoidable for this piece.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your comment :sunglasses:
I agree with you that it cannot be completely avoided and that at least once (I think just a little more) the squeaking is really too loud …
Greetings

1 Like

Not easy stuff there Roger. Sounded great and looked (looked) effortless. Nice job.

1 Like

Thanks Mike,

On the electric it feels for me what it looks like :sunglasses: …on the acoustic it is a little different
but that is just because I`m new to that…
Greetings