Rogers rock on wheels

Did you know that Switzerland is one of the few countries where it is legal, and a small number still do, eat their pet cats and dogs? :open_mouth:

Animal lovers question morality of eating pets - SWI swissinfo.ch.

1 Like

:joy:
No Tears please , It’s just the hassle of finding a guitar doctor and having to do without my guitar, but for a nice trade-in price and the same kind straight away I’ll change it without blinking an eye, just the Fender Player that I play maybe 5 minutes a month (to heavy ) I have a sort of emotion bonding to because … well,too long a story, but in short it’s my first new guitar ever…

:smile: and…What a butt ugly car ,saw it before here on the site …still
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now ,freaking grazy people :astonished:

Yes of course ,but some are changing there policy about that now,
But since pigs are smarter than dogs, I also find it unbelievable to abuse them (far too often) in stables in a many ways (what I see a lot ) and then slaughter them. :cry:

End on a cheerful note, of course you received my tag from just above with the lick-book, it can only be that you put that in my head via … .Putting strange ideas in my head… or do you find it so ugly that you wisely keep your mouth shut? even Justin liked it :smile::laughing:

Got more than 5 lick i need /want to post soon…well start with one… but I was waiting for Trond @tRONd for the first because we talked about one some months ago …so hope you log in soon.

Greetings

1 Like

Ooouuuch, Rogier. I feel very sorry for you and to be honest, more for the guitar :grimacing:.
One time, when you got famous, they sell the guitar including the story for $ 50.000 :laughing:!

1 Like

Indeed this passed by unnoticed, as I was only referred to and not ‘tagged’, and it happened when I was away.

1. It’s cool :sunglasses:
  2. I don’t see a Justin ‘like’ on the post (perhaps on the ‘other place’? :thinking:
  3. I find it disturbing that your good missus is exposed to my drivel :open_mouth:

Kudos for actually tagging our depressive Viking friend, but you don’t have to wait for his permission to share your chops :wink:

1 Like

Hi Andrea , @Helen0609
:smile: and

one time one time??? :roll_eyes:

I won’t be famous until I have a garden on my stomach :upside_down_face: :smile:

Brian @brianlarsen ,

well,

Justin dont do “likes” but sayed "that is cool :smiley: " is the same of course ,and of course only meant for her :smiley:
and yes somewhere else where he is active …sorry :roll_eyes:

Hermine immediately said “if he wants to buy a few hundred”
But Then when I reminded her that such things can always only be offered at cost price here (and hers too actually ) she backed down :grin:, she is busy.

No NOooooo ,I see very good opportunities to make my life much more luxurious in this way :grin: :innocent:

Yes ,but the of course also this is a useful excuse because with this heat here and on days when I don’t feel like the effort even a little bit do my best for the camera (especially that hair is currently …Beep… and there are videos of me where it already not good so :smile:) etc etc

I miss that fierce looking but oh so nice person. Sometimes in person pm (where thing can be sayed very different :sweat_smile:) and also on the forum…
I hope again that it is that time of the year

O my ,i am talking to long :speak_no_evil:

Greetings

1 Like

This weekend I went out with friends and 3 members of ‘Hunker’ were there and then I told them what I had posted here that I could find a good quality of a song on the internet ( they say that I had to look better :roll_eyes: no time and / or interest anymore today ) and that I wanted to post it in that thread (which I posted here below) from Brian who pointed out to me that I had to post that here in the LL because otherwise no one would ever read it again a little later … so here it is …to stay forever in a kind of …uh… light :smile:

Unloved Gems

This is a version of a nice song but there are much better ones but unfortunately I can’t find much better quality of them on You Tube… I do have some CDs but where??? These are good friends of mine and with the drummer and the guitarist (on the left ) who is a professional piano player who also plays the accordion and who played in the band where I was also part of bass guitar and also sang… yes yes, I played in a band very a long time ago :smile:…or at least I was part of it and we often joke about what exactly I did :roll_eyes:… but looking sharp as a knife those day`s :laughing: I get some photos I heard this morning :smiley:

… This band ’ Hunker ’ (which means something like yearning) has been the supporting act for a band ‘De Dijk’, which is very well known to all Dutch people, and I have been there many times when they both play… but also in the squares and pubs in my area with Hunker in my hometown Amersfoort and in the gardens of the houses you see in the video…

I will do my best to find more of them… there is also wonderful blues, but they have been on a long hiatus as a band for a while now, except for a reunion year in I think 2020… and those recordings are not the best I can find either…

So I think it’s more their own fault that they don’t have much of an opinion…the guitarist wearing an orange shirt plays in several bands and can really play the guitar wonderfully and performs somewhere every weekend, with the Top 2000 cafe as a highlight for years. Hoogland…but only people from the center of the Netherlands can do something with that last information…

Greeting ,

And I say to Jorden ( if you start finally here :blush: …) see, I haven’t forgotten everything we talked about :roll_eyes: :sweat_smile:
And stop working so so much and start playing :sunglasses:
Greetings ,

2 Likes

:joy: you’re much fun Rogier, but I appreciate some real life realistic priorities! A few days ago we were watching telly when we heard a sharp “sdangggg”…what the … I thought nevermind it’s the electric guitar because no one uses it …but no it was my Classical Guitar: the B string broke out of nothing! :sob: I thought “ok it"s not a tragedy, be rational Silvia”…but :pleading_face::disappointed_relieved::cry: …yesterday Finally had time to restring it and now I feel so much better :sweat_smile::blush::grin:

1 Like

Wonderful story Roger, definitely need some pics of you back in the day. Now the secrets out, we’ll be expecting some vocals from you sometime in the future !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

:blush:

And

:flushed: How ??? … I have quite a few guitars here and one has strings that are 32+ years old (no, I never play that :sweat_smile:), but no one has never spontaneously broken, hopefully it will remain just this one rarity…Were they a bit older and if so, you replaced them all, right? Yes, a guitar must have all its strings, otherwise it’s like an Italian ice cream without sugar :grin:

Yes, I asked for it again and there are at least two with me but not good action pics :grin: from a reunion from December 2001 (we came together for 2/ 3 weeks ) , they are from the athletics sports club ‘ALTIS’ reunion from which the band was founded… but those from the time when I was 16/18 years old. is still uncertain due to the flight of 2 females that cannot be found :cry:

Don’t hold your breath for this :rofl:

Greetings all :innocent:

2 Likes

There is a lot I don’t like about and in my country, and today is an all time low, but we are not going to talk about politics.

This (old news for me but with a new highlight) makes me very happy that there are people who make this possible and that so many people worldwide can enjoy it… So simple. So good.

Underwater camera FISH LOCK :smiley:

The fish doorbell at the Weerdsluis in Utrecht was pressed much more often last spring than in previous years. People in the United States, the United Kingdom and Brazil in particular were fascinated by the images from the underwater camera and rang the bell.
The digital bell was pressed 150,000 times. That is 45,000 times more often than in 2023. The lock keeper always opened the lock when there were enough fish waiting. A total of twenty million people watched the images, compared to 8.2 million last year.

The doorbell is on during the fish migration season, when thousands of fish pass through the lock to swim to the Kromme Rijn and Germany to reproduce. On visdeurbel.nl people can view the lock via an underwater camera. If they see fish, viewers can ring the bell online. The lock keeper then receives a signal and opens the lock when there are enough fish.

The interactive doorbell attracted international attention and was featured on television programs in South Africa, New Zealand and Serbia, among others. Research is being carried out in various places to see whether such a fish doorbell can also be used there.

Bass, bream and roach in particular passed through the lock, but this spring there were also many more eels and carp. A few times a catfish called at the doorbell and once there was a tench, a carp-like fish.

The camera of the municipality of Utrecht and the De Stichtse Rijnlanden water board will be switched on again in March next year to help migrating fish.

Greetings

3 Likes

I wonder how many times @brianlarsen pressed it. I’m sure he will be along some time soon to repost his street cam.

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

I actually expected a comment about me throwing a possible hook with politics in this combination :blush: :grin:

Pssss I looked at that zebra path once this summer :see_no_evil:

Greetings…and in exceptional circumstances, watch a football match in a moment … :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well, I committed voter fraud this afternoon, casting one of my kid’s postal votes who couldn’t make it back on time.
Sue me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
More importantly, what would you rather watch-
A murky image of perch swimming up a canal…
or a melee of flakey tourists trying to recreate an iconic image, whilst dodging irate London commuters? :wink:

over 87 mio views as I type, with the current screenshot :rofl:

4 Likes

great playing and what looks like a lovey house and garden many years ago as a 16 year old air cadet I went to Arnhem and Nijmegen we were staying at an RAF base in Laarbruch Germany thats the only time I visited the Netherlands.

1 Like

:smiley:…Good job in your case :sunglasses:

a great brilliant attempt and seen by a lot of people to save a bit and helping of biodiversity…OR…watching a group of people who (for me) do shameful (better word is …tenenkrommend) things and are a good reason to stop saving biodiversity because the human race can do quite a bit with a lot fewer numbers :roll_eyes:

and the most watchers of that zebra crossing are sadists who want to see an accident :grin:

By the way …Gooooood morning …

So now my tea :grin:

Hi John @Guitarman63

Wow that was young, when I was 19 I was in the air force for a year in Nijmegen ‘LIMOS’…very cheap beer I remember :roll_eyes:

And thank you for your kind words (and also especially those from the day before yesterday), I really appreciate it :blush:

Greetings,Rogier

Toe-curling is similar in English, or cringe-worthy even better :smiley:
Lots of things happening here, might msg you later :wink:

1 Like

Mononatriumglutamaat :laughing:

:snail: :melting_face::cry:

1 Like

I don’t know :woman_shrugging: I had planned to restring first week of July though…the last time I restrung…:thinking:…I can’t remember…:see_no_evil:…2023…:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Oooo ,bad girl :laughing:

But first of all, I wait way too long to change my strings for what I read here (and actually feel and hear after changing :roll_eyes:)
And secondly, I don’t actually know how much longer they should last on your acoustic, if I remember correctly(???) they certainly last longer…but that long??? :thinking:

Well ,do what you feel is good :sunglasses:

Greetings and thanks for the laugh :smiley:

Edit: