Rolling Chords: Greensleeves & Game of Thrones

Hello all - this is my second post on here. I have been playing guitar since 2020 and am loving it :guitar:This is from December, but I really enjoyed Justin’s lesson on Greensleeves with rolling chords! So much so, that I incorporated them into my arrangement of “The Rains of Castamere” from Game of Thrones (will post that one below on the thread). Let me know what you think of both!

14 Likes

“The Rains of Castamere” (yes, I got a major haircut between filming these two videos :sweat_smile:)

15 Likes

Awesome Gina, you sounded great on both. You’re really good at finger style! My favorite was rains of castamere.

1 Like

Very nice Gina, of the two I preferred Rains of Castamere, I think you were more confident with it.
Like the colour of your guitar on Greensleves, very cool colour :grin:
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future :+1:t3:

1 Like

HI @GinaRose ,
Beautifully played.
I love the way you played this classic, very formal and elegant!
Simply lovely!
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

1 Like

Way to go!!! What a great little piece to practice those barre chord transitions. Rhythym sounded spot on! Fairly good transitions to boot!!! It’s better than mine, but i’m a gettimg there!
Rock on sister!! Cheers!SOCIABLE! And peace out! :sunglasses: :v: :fist_left:

1 Like

Hello Gina, both your recordings sound great! I love the rolling chords too, there’s something special about them! I also love playing Greensleeves but I can’t play it as smooth as you do yet. It’s also so good that you are making your own arrangements! I hope to hear more of you!
Silvia :blush:

1 Like

Greensleeves was the first song I learnt on Piano a hundred years ago now. That was so good!!

2 Likes

That was beautiful and I love your classical style picking, if that’s what it’s called (newbie here :blush:).

1 Like

Both songs were played very well, great chord changes and lovely fingerpicking too.

1 Like

Super fingerstyle on both these pieces. I really enjoyed the listen. Well done Gina.

1 Like

Bravo, Gina, both sounded really good. Well played and recorded.

1 Like

Nicely done, Gina. Obviously, you have put in the time and effort on both songs. I can’t seem to get past some hesitation while playing Greensleeves. Finger style intrigues me and I do want to get better at it. You inspire me!

1 Like

Wow your fingerstyle and chord transitions are awesome! I can’t believe you’re only two years in.

BTW if I were getting married, I wouldn’t want you playing that last song at my wedding feast :rofl:

1 Like

Beautiful ! Thank you !

1 Like

Your love of playing shows through in these performances. For only a couple years in, both are impressive and enjoyable to listen to.

1 Like

Gina, both of the videos sounded great! I think The Rains of Castamere was helped by the lovely bass tones of the Ibanez. Dreadnought size? What is the guitar you used for Greensleeves. Apt colour! Is that why you used it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
Liked both on this end, but have to say that Ibanez to my ears was much richer, deeper, warmer and desirable. Great play on both and very good job.

Keep up the good work as you are making great progress!
LB

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I agree, I think I enjoyed playing that song more too, which in turn made me feel more confident. :blush:

Thank you! Keep working and you’ll get there too!